Opinions on Flashcards?

Watch this thread
EO4LIF3
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have never used flashcards and on previous threads I have gotten really anxious as to how to use them.
Some people say make flashcards on CGP Revision Guides.
Some say make it on class notes.
Some say make 2 sets.
I need help ngl
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EO4LIF3)
I have never used flashcards and on previous threads I have gotten really anxious as to how to use them.
Some people say make flashcards on CGP Revision Guides.
Some say make it on class notes.
Some say make 2 sets.
I need help ngl
They are just cards with info on. Sometimes they have questions with answers on the back.

Not everyone likes them as you cna end up with too many.

You can use something like Quizlet for an online version.

NOTHING TO GET ANXIOUS ABOUT.

Try it for one subject or topic and if you dont like them then dont use them.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Don't get anxious! Seriously they're not for everyone and even if they are, you just need to try different ways out to see what works for you.

I made flashcards for GCSE from the revision guide but at A Level I made them from the textbook and class notes and both worked fine! Mine were set out with a question on the front like "What are the four bases in DNA?" and the answer on the back. Other people put exam questions on the front and mark schemes on the back and some just put information on them. There's no one right way to do it! Just play around a bit and find what techniques work for you.
Ellen_01
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I use flashcards because they work for how I like to revise- asking myself mini questions from my class notes, with answers on the back- but you may like colourful mind-maps, posters, notes or skipping straight to exam questions.
Seriously don't freak out over this, if flash cards don't feel right to you then don't use them! A lot of kids at my school waste their time using flash cards to re-write notes on, and then expect to have learnt the info.

Do what feels right to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads