GYG- A thread to keep me focused Watch

Ellen_01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Year 13 is just about to start, and I want to stay focused this year with revision, as I burned out when I got to my AS exams.

Subjects:
Spoiler:
Show

English Lit, Psychology and Geography.

Grades:
Spoiler:
Show

I REAALLLYY want AAB in these, with an A in English but at the moment I'm not too sure if this is reasonable.

AS Grades:
Spoiler:
Show

Got ABB in these at AS Levels, (A-Geog, B-Psych, B-English)

I hope posting weekly on here will... Keep me motivated?

FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellen_01)
Year 13 is just about to start, and I'm taking English Lit, Psychology and Geography. I'm aiming for AAB in these, with an A in English but at the moment I'm not too sure if this is reasonable.
Got ABB in these at AS Levels, (A-Geog, B-Psych, B-English) but I think posting on here will... Idk keep me motivated?
Best of luck to you! Welcome to the GYG side of TSR 🤗

I’m taking English Lit, Psychology and History (In my last year) so we do similar subjects
Ellen_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
Best of luck to you! Welcome to the GYG side of TSR 🤗

I’m taking English Lit, Psychology and History (In my last year) so we do similar subjects
Oh cool! Though I think anyone who takes history is mad lmao. Any plans on changing your revision techniques this year?
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellen_01)
Oh cool! Though I think anyone who takes history is mad lmao. Any plans on changing your revision techniques this year?
Haha, I have the same feeling about Geography

Yess, practice practice practice! Nothing preps you better for exams than essay questions. Particularly if your 3 subjects are essay based.
Ellen_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
Haha, I have the same feeling about Geography

Yess, practice practice practice! Nothing preps you better for exams than essay questions. Particularly if your 3 subjects are essay based.
Yeah that's probs the best advice I'm gonna here going into year 13, so thanks!
Ellen_01
Rep:
?

Attachment 772908
10/9/18: Week One

First week back has actually been pretty productive lol

• Decided on my uni course- Geography!
  • Visited Southampton uni open day- Geography lecture & personal statement talk (looked really good!!)
  • Started Psych revision- Research Methods
Ellen_01
Rep:
?
19/9/18: Week Two-and-a-half

This blog being late pretty much sums up last week. It felt very unproductive even though I spent a lot of time at my desk, and I easily slip into annoyance at not doing enough, so I work harder/ longer the next day, get less done and the cycle continues.

It's not to do with my work ethic, I don't think- rather my level of focus and sitting at my desk for hours straight with no break isn't good either.

With three impending deadlines on top of schoolwork and revision (Personal Statement, English Coursework and Theory revision) I try not to think about all I have to do, but I think it's this background pressure that causes me to stay half-working for AGES at a time.

ANYWAY, Positives: I had a couple hours of driving practice after school last week, I made a snazzy poster on glaciers and I've read about 120 pages of a book for school.

I'm already looking forward to working better this week, to having better focus and more positives for next week's blog!!
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good luck with year 13! can't wait to see where this blog goes x
Ellen_01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
OKAY: Week ? 17/10/18

Don't mistake my GYG absence for lack of school work, I'm actually feeling pretty on top of work at the moment, which may not last ahhh

I revised for and passed my theory test a week ago yay!
A field trip got in the way with schoolwork a bit but I'm all caught up on that work now.
Given in first draft of my personal statement today & I have ideas for what to change next.
Started geography coursework- Need to work on the hypotheses & intro.
Handed in first draft of English coursework, will need to work on that when I get it back.
And I have done a teensy bit of year 13 psych revision- fully covered gender for a common assessment tomorrow.

So, yeah, I'm just waiting to be overwhelmed again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.9%
They might tell the bully (16)
13.79%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.38%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.34%
There's nothing they could do (32)
27.59%

Watched Threads