What shall i do to jump from a C, in AS maths, to an A in A2 Maths.

Watch
hais
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For AS, i was working at a high level B/A grade but i probably didn't revise enough for exams and got a low C. Any tips or routines i should do so i can achieve an A for the real exams?
anisaxvi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wasn't going to reply to this until I remembered that I did A-Level Maths and I'm qualified to answer this so may as well:
- understand the topics fully in class, and if you don't, ask for help from teachers, friends, youtube etc etc.
- after learning the topic, make a sheet of notes (concise and brief) with the main things you know, so you can refer to it when you need
- do a shitload of practice questions - like, really regularly, and start early as well - you wanna try and get used to the types of questions you'll get, and then when it comes closer to exam time, you can focus on harder, more challenging questions that might come up but hopefully not (best feeling ever is being used to hard questions when revising so when it comes to the exams, the questions seem way easier in comparison)
- literally just constantly practise questions?? that's what I did and it got me an A* which is cool
- i'd recommend the questions by topic on physicsandmathstutor after you've finished learning a topic
good luck for the upcoming year!
oodpos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just practice as much as you can really, Make sure you learn everything you need on all the topics and practice a lot more on the hard questions. I just finished AS Maths so I'm going into A2 as well. Before you go to a lesson you could go over and revise everything of the AS of the same topic so it's easier to learn the A2 part cuz if you don't fully understand the AS part it's gonna be hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads