The Student Room Group

Will i get my turn?

I’m starting a mixed sixthform on Tuesday. And basically me and my best friend do everything together and are close but she’s always getting attention from boys, I can’t help but feel a bit like “why not me?” As I’ve just left a all girls secondary school I haven’t had much interaction with boys. Do you think when I go to a mixed sixthform I will make boy mates? I can’t help but feel that when we start every boy will just pay her all the attention and not even glance at me.

Please can people keep the comments positive 😊 and respond will some good advice / reassurance
Can't really tell you. It really depends on who you meet.
You should be ok. Most of my friend groups are unisex and one of my best mates is Female.
Also don't be afraid to approach people without your friend being there if you are that worried about her getting all the attention, I assure you, you will be fine!
Original post by mai12
I’m starting a mixed sixthform on Tuesday. And basically me and my best friend do everything together and are close but she’s always getting attention from boys, I can’t help but feel a bit like “why not me?” As I’ve just left a all girls secondary school I haven’t had much interaction with boys. Do you think when I go to a mixed sixthform I will make boy mates? I can’t help but feel that when we start every boy will just pay her all the attention and not even glance at me.

Please can people keep the comments positive 😊 and respond will some good advice / reassurance

You should be fine. Don't overthink it and cause problems to your mental health.

If you are really attractive then many guys would be afraid to approach you because they fear that they would be rejected. My advice is to be more open, start a conversation with everyone (try not to come across as desperate) and be friendly.

All the best.
If you're constantly directly next to your friend, they'll most likely give her the most attention, especially if she's more outgoing and attractive.

Get out your friend's shadow, make yourself know to the guy's as a funny and approaching person and I'm certain you'll have guys chatting to you. :smile:

You say you're moving to a mixed Sixth Form from a single-sex school, this is your chance to low-key reinvent yourself! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending