Higher chance to get into uni if app sent early ?

Watch
TEABAG03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm planning to apply to medicine. The deadline is 15 October. Will I still have a chance if I sent my application off on the 27th of Sept ? Or are students who send their application off earlier than that more likely to get an offer from uni ?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TEABAG03)
I'm planning to apply to medicine. The deadline is 15 October. Will I still have a chance if I sent my application off on the 27th of Sept ? Or are students who send their application off earlier than that more likely to get an offer from uni ?
No, otherwise everyone would submit their application for next year, 364 days earlier on 16th October!! (if it were first come, first served)

*Unis do not have the resources to sort out the applications by date submitted anyway. It all gets pooled and evaluated after the deadline. Submitting late is a big no-no though.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, you will just be guaranteed consideration, ones sent after the deadline do not even have to be looked at if the university chooses to.
TEABAG03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.06%
Confident (65)
13.43%
Indifferent (69)
14.26%
Unsure (120)
24.79%
Worried (191)
39.46%

Watched Threads