The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by photoboy123
I have, I've went over all my documents to try and work it out and that's where my issue comes from, I can't afford to support myself in university and travelling up and down is pretty much not an option due to health :frown:

Where in NI do you live? NI isn't very big... buses are (quite) reliable...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CTLeafez
I believe the standard length student accommodation contract is roughly 47 weeks long.

£99 per week x 47 = £4653.

For your student finance to not cover your rent, your household income is above £55,000!
2018-09-02.png
If so, then you could potentially ask your parents?
If you haven't applied for the 'means-tested' maintenance loan, DO IT :biggrin:

Hi just wondering where you got that table from and if there's one for living in London?

Also if anyone can help me out, if I study in London at UAL my maitenance fee will be around £120 per week so around £8700-£9500 per term depending on what accomodation I choose. Will I definitely get the £11,000 i'm entitled to according to the SFE calculator or is it random?
Also what is means-tested maintenance?
Reply 22
Original post by TheGreyAesthetic
Hi just wondering where you got that table from and if there's one for living in London?

Also if anyone can help me out, if I study in London at UAL my maitenance fee will be around £120 per week so around £8700-£9500 per term depending on what accomodation I choose. Will I definitely get the £11,000 i'm entitled to according to the SFE calculator or is it random?
Also what is means-tested maintenance?

Your rental calculation isn't correct... how does £120 per week get you to £9500 per year, never mind per term?

Means-tested uses your household income and circumstances to check your eligibility. It's not "random". You will nearly always get whatever the calculator tells you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Your rental calculation isn't correct... how does £120 per week get you to £9500 per year, never mind per term?

Means-tested uses your household income and circumstances to check your eligibility. It's not "random". You will nearly always get whatever the calculator tells you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I meant 190-210 per week, derp

Latest

Trending

Trending