mubinahmed2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have enrolled in college and chose to do a-level computer science and btec business level 3 and now I am stressed out thinking that I have chosen the wrong courses and won't be able to do a computer science degree. will I be accepted to a computer science degree at Brunel or queen marys university
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mubinahmed2002)
I have enrolled in college and chose to do a-level computer science and btec business level 3 and now I am stressed out thinking that I have chosen the wrong courses and won't be able to do a computer science degree. will I be accepted to a computer science degree at Brunel or queen marys university

As you're doing Computer Science A level you should be fine for most good universities (excluding the ones that require A level Maths).

Brunel ask for a Computing BTEC + any A level grade B, contact them and see what they say about having an unrelated BTEC but the A level in Computer Science.

Queen Mary seem like they would be fine with it. They state: "BTEC Diploma: We will consider this qualification for entry to most courses. Applicants will be expected to achieve an additional A-level or acceptable Level 3 qualification, relevant to the course being applied for.".

Check out Royal Holloway, they ask for DD in any BTEC + 1 A level being either: Maths, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics - https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/stud...puter-science/
mubinahmed2002
Rep:
?
Thank you for the advice and I'll check royal holloway
mubinahmed2002
Rep:
?
thank you for the advice
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thank you for the advice
No problem, good luck!
mubinahmed2002
Rep:
?
another question does GCSE grades really matter when applying for university
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
another question does GCSE grades really matter when applying for university
Not at all as long as you have Maths and English, for Computer Science though many unis will ask for a B/6 in GCSE Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (46)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
40.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.01%

Watched Threads