The Student Room Group

Is The Haunting at Drayton Manor still there?

Whenever I went to Drayton Manor, I used to love going on "The Haunting". The Haunting was a lot like Hex at Alton Towers, in that it had a few pre-shows and a haunted swing at the end that gave the illusion you were going upside down. It was such a scary but very fun ride.

When I visited Drayton Manor in October 2012, The Haunting was open, but I noticed a few problems that it seemed to be having. For instance, in the room with the painting on the wall, you could clearly see the warehouse ceiling above you when the ceiling became transparent to reveal the bodies in the roof (The warehouse ceiling wasn't visible at all the previous times I had been on it) and the vibrating floorboards weren't working properly. As for the "Haunted swing" room, the lighting in there wasn't working properly, but it was mostly fine.

I assumed the ride was just having a bad day and I didn't think that much of it. However, when I visited Drayton Manor again in 2013, The Haunting remained closed all day, with a sign outside the entrance of it saying "This ride has been closed for maintenance".

Is The Haunting still there or have they knocked it down and replaced it with something else?

Quick Reply

Latest