The Student Room Group

19 and never had a boyfriend

I never had a boyfriend or been kissed or even been told by a guy that they like me. I feel so left out because all my friends have had that and i’m a very shy and insecure person so i never really talked to guys or went on dates and stuff like that and it really makes me feel like something is wrong with me. I just want to talk to a guy just as friends to not feel left out.
Reply 1
PM me
Work on yourself then. Get involved is clubs and societies that allow you to make social interactions. Sitting here in TSR complaining about it won't help you. When you stop caring about what others thing and just improve on yourself, I'm telling you guys will chase you.
Original post by Buluhmag
send an email on
[email protected]

and the 100% originality award goes to....
Find the nearest society. A church, a food bank, a university group, a charity shop. Volunteer for them and they'll appreciate your enthusiasm. The more situations you throw yourself in, the better. It'll help your employability and will give you more contacts (and potential dates).
I actually wrote about a topic kinda similar
you know relationships boyfriends girlfriends
I had like 60 responses in a week so I hope this helps:

this might be long but this makes me feel strongly.

i had my first proper proper (i would say) aged 15 turning 16. i gelled really well with another person. we did **** tons of stuff together. it wasnt a cringy hand-holding relationship, more along the lines of a really really close friend type relationship.

we did all the sex and stuff that teenagers chase like wildfire.

i loved her so much. i really really did. i had a really difficult time w family and myself during this time and i slowly lost all of my friends. she stuck with me through it all.

you can fall into it - you would be surprised the type of people that are out there.

but it wasnt all rosey and fun.

you CAN do it, but should you?

i stand by the fact she was my only true friend, but, even though she knew my problems and troubles and we were in a relationship she had no problem lying to my face every single day. she sold out all of my secrets to her friends.

it screwed me up so so much. even that is an understatement - i have not been the same since. i stopped going out and watch how when you stop talking to people for two days, they never say anything to you again.

stay useful and youthful. its alright to trust people, but remember people are never as real as they tell you they are.

its okay to chase women - all us guys did it. but i dont anymore. i have done it all, and all it did was **** me up.

dont multiply 'acquaintances' - they will take advantage of you and beat you down until you have no uses to anybody.

people tell me i am too negative, but really i think i am a realist haha! this it my experience and there is so much more to this.

you can do it whenever, but the right person will be sent when the time is right.

being in love is great. until it isnt no more.

yes you can blame me for being too familiar but really, i blame myself for looking for it.

DO NOT LOOK FOR LOVE. dont you do it. dont you dare. and if you are in love, dont you dare do wrong by the person you are with.

karma is a *****, so i do hope shes doing cool.

be safe. if i helped you thank you. i wanted to voice my opinion because people never see how bad it can be until it happens.

sorry this was long - i feel strongly over this. forgive me

thank you.

Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I never had a boyfriend or been kissed or even been told by a guy that they like me. I feel so left out because all my friends have had that and i’m a very shy and insecure person so i never really talked to guys or went on dates and stuff like that and it really makes me feel like something is wrong with me. I just want to talk to a guy just as friends to not feel left out.
Just think, what have you got to lose? You're at a great age to start being more relaxed, and once you do that the confidence will start to come naturally.
First of all, there is nothing wrong with you. So what if you are shy and insecure? There are many people in the world who are like that, myself included so please don't put yourself down like that. Secondly, I was just like you. 20 years of age and hadn't had a boyfriend yet or kissed anybody. I thought that I would never have someone who would love me, but that all changed. 2016 (I was 20) was when I had my first kiss and first boyfriend. I remember it clear as day because it only lasted 2 weeks (drama happened and had most of my tutors and safeguarding people involved) and once we had broken up, I realised that being single (well, with him anyway) was well better. Just remember that the right guy will come along sooner or later and don't go fretting over not having a boyfriend yet. Just because your friends have boyfriends doesn't mean that you need one right now. Go live your life, travel, do things. Don't hold yourself down to one person or their lifestyle. As one of my tutors said, 'There is plenty of fish in the sea'. There are many many guys out there and one of them special people will be your boyfriend later on down the line. As I said before, the right guy will come at the right time. You don't need to be feeling left out or worried because you don't have a boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending