snoopyx
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I am putting the following as choices for BSc Accounting and Finance just want people's opinions on the ranking of the universities if I were to get all 5 offers please rank them 1 being best 5 worst (relatively) thanks - I would like to get on an ACA Audit scheme at a top 20 accounting firm after graduation.

Kings College London
Cass Business School
Surrey University
Royal Holloway University
University of Birmingham

Also opinions on the academic difficulty of LSE BSc Accounting and Finance?
Opinions on Queen Mary University of London Accounting and Management - it offers no ACA exemptions?
RivenOTP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. Kings 2. Birmingham 3. Cass 4.Surrey 5. Royal Holloway
snoopyx
(Original post by RivenOTP)
That is interesting as entry requirements for Birmingham are AAB compared to AAA for Cass
Out of interest where would you put Queen Mary University of London BSc Accounting and Management? Thanks
RivenOTP
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by snoopyx)
That is interesting as entry requirements for Birmingham are AAB compared to AAA for Cass
Out of interest where would you put Queen Mary University of London BSc Accounting and Management? Thanks
1. Kings 2. Queen Mary 3. Birmingham ...
snoopyx
1. Kings 2. Queen Mary 3. Birmingham ...
That is very interesting is Queen Mary very well regarded nowadays?
RivenOTP
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your other 5 choices are probably better
Film
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1.Kings
2.Birmingham
3.Cass
4. Surrey
5.Queen Mary
6.RH
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I am putting the following as choices for BSc Accounting and Finance just want people's opinions on the ranking of the universities if I were to get all 5 offers please rank them 1 being best 5 worst (relatively) thanks - I would like to get on an ACA Audit scheme at a top 20 accounting firm after graduation.

Kings College London
Cass Business School
Surrey University
Royal Holloway University
University of Birmingham

Also opinions on the academic difficulty of LSE BSc Accounting and Finance?
Opinions on Queen Mary University of London Accounting and Management - it offers no ACA exemptions?
Do you want to live in London? Do you take maths A level? Have you looking into years in industry?
snoopyx
(Original post by ajj2000)
Do you want to live in London? Do you take maths A level? Have you looking into years in industry?
Yes I want to live in London, have done Maths A level and don't want to do year in industry.
I am considering exemptions from the ACA qualification for university choice also - King's is a new course and therefore doesnt' have any at the moment but the name is prestigious so might be worth more?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I want to live in London, have done Maths A level and don't want to do year in industry.
I am considering exemptions from the ACA qualification for university choice also - King's is a new course and therefore doesnt' have any at the moment but the name is prestigious so might be worth more?
How many exemptions does each course give? Sometimes its a huge difference so might be an issue. In general I'm not so convinced by chasing ACA exemptions (ACCA is a different matter) as the firms pay for training and give time off to study - and the bigger firms change policy regularly and often limit the number of exemptions their trainees can claim.

Anyway - I would tend towards courses which demand A level maths if you have it. There can be a big difference in the way the finance sections are taught. For that reason I would heavily lean towards Kings. Have you considered LSE?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exemptions are:City 8 AAASurrey 8 AABRoyal holloway 6 AAB-ABBBirmingham 6 AABLse 5 AAAQmul 0 AAAKings college london 0 AAAI have looked at LSE but worried its too difficult do you think kings would be the same level?
I don't know - the LSE course seems to a somewhat different emphasis to most courses so I guess its a question of taste? I'd be surprised if Kings don't get any exemptions - have you mailed them and the ICAEW/ ICAS to ask?
snoopyx
(Original post by Film)
1.Kings
2.Birmingham
3.Cass
4. Surrey
5.Queen Mary
6.RH
Do you think I should put Queen Mary instead of Royal Holloway as it is better uni although it offers 0 exemptions compared to 6?
snoopyx
Hi everyone I’m thinking about kicking out Surrey and Royal Holloway and adding two from the following list of russell group unis which would you choose? Thanks

Bristol
Cardiff
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Leeds
Lse
Manchester
Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
York
Warwick
Film
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exeter and Warwick
snoopyx
(Original post by Film)
Exeter and Warwick
Is Exeter better than Durham do you think?
snoopyx
(Original post by Film)
Exeter and Warwick
What about if I had three choices and made birmingham not a firm definite but part of the above list?
RivenOTP
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone I’m thinking about kicking out Surrey and Royal Holloway and adding two from the following list of russell group unis which would you choose? Thanks

Bristol
Cardiff
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Leeds
Lse
Manchester
Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
York
Warwick
LSE and Warwick
snoopyx
LSE and Warwick
Im actually adding 3 and not sure I want to go to lse bcos of the lack of social life? So which 3 would you pick excluding lse
Film
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Exeter better than Durham do you think?
For business, yes. For many other courses no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.05%
1 (70)
13.86%
2 (65)
12.87%
20.59%
20.2%
5 (88)
17.43%

Watched Threads