This discussion is closed.
unkonown_123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey guys, I'm doing pharmacy with foundation year however I want to do medicine after the foundation year than pharmacy, would I be able to move onto medicine after my foundation year or is there no chance. If not any chance is there anything i can do after the foundation year that could help me to move me onto medicine.
thanks in advance guys.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by unkonown_123)
hey guys, I'm doing pharmacy with foundation year however I want to do medicine after the foundation year than pharmacy, would I be able to move onto medicine after my foundation year or is there no chance.
thanks in advance guys.
You'd need to see if you fulfill the criteria for foundation year courses: https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

If not you may have to apply via the Graduate Entry Medicine route.
unkonown_123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thanks a lot, if I would complete my degree in pharmacy and then start my degree in medicine would it be not practical. as i would be spending 5 years competing a pahrmacy degreee and the another 4-5 years completing medicine degree and then i would need to go onto something in medincine to progress depending on what im doing it take up more years. sorry if im not making any sense

(Original post by ecolier)
You'd need to see if you fulfill the criteria for foundation year courses: https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

If not you may have to apply via the Graduate Entry Medicine route.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by unkonown_123)
thanks a lot, if I would complete my degree in pharmacy and then start my degree in medicine would it be not practical. as i would be spending 5 years competing a pahrmacy degreee and the another 4-5 years completing medicine degree and then i would need to go onto something in medincine to progress depending on what im doing it take up more years. sorry if im not making any sense
I don't know if there is any Uni which offers transfer between pharmacy and medicine. I know there are transfers between some biomedical science courses and medicine (e.g. Bradford to Leeds). Graduate Entry Medicine is 4 years for most Unis. Medicine with Foundation Year is 6 years (1 year foundation + 5 year standard course).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads