SQA standard grade maths Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stephen Munley
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Does anyone know where I could find the answers to yesterday's exam?
Glenn Blanchard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I don't even know where you would find the QUESTIONS to yesterday's exam.
4th yr pupil
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hiya i fuond this msg board thingy when i was searchin to find wat other people thought of that maths paper 2(credit!) oh dear lord that was impossible!!! im not a dumbass by the way, but how hard was it!?!?!?!! Since when did k, a or b have anythin to do with co-ordinates of an xy graph !!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? and as for that one....it couldnt make up its mind if it was in km or miles!!! our teacher was in a rager today because she says some of those questions were of higher standard... .....neway lemme know wat u all think plz.......
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi, I go to Bearsden Academy and I had to witness people in my classes crying in the exam because they found it so hard. And they are in the top class. Does that not show it was kinda too hard. And my friend who took part in the European Mathematical Challenge and got into the later rounds thought it was impossible. Does this not act as proof in itself ??? My teacher said that there was a higher question and that the circle question (10, something about a sheep shelter) wasn't layed out properly. PLUS the the last question THE ONE WITH A MISTAKE was unanswerable. How were we meant to know it was a mistake. I have alot of friends who didnt answer it because they didnt understand how to covert the units. And they will get no marks since the SQA website states that you must have found A SOLUTION. This is hardly fair ! And in comparison with recent years the whole paper was extremely hard.

IF YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE PLZ WRITE A LETTER TO THE SQA AND COMPLAIN, WE NEED SOMETHING DONE. THIS IS OUR STANDARD GRADES NOT SOME LITTLE CLASS TEST THAT THE MARKS DONT MATTER ABOUT !, COMPLAIN, IF WE GET ENOUGHT PEOPLE TO COMPAIN, SOMETHING MIGHT GET DONE !!!

[email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Stop complaining. Bow down to the Daddy! Now!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ask ur teachers to complain...it really was hard
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It truely was impossible, i've just looked at the answers, and i'm actually scared to get my results through.

By no means do i lack intelligence of any sorts, but that paper, i didn't even know where to start on some of the questions (i know - question 1).

I got a 1:1 in the pre-liminary examination, and just hope that it's enough to rescue my poor show in this one - and it definitely isn't fair at all as to how the SQA'll be marking that last question, i think they should just give all people 4 marks for part (ii), as it's the board's fault and they need to do something in our favour for a change!

Good Luck in the French exam everyone :-)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
k wel i can honestly say out of all my exam, prelims and past papers the maths was the hardest.
i think it really is unfair, i got 1s in both my prelims and wasnt worried about this exam at all. but once i reached question 8(the parabola one) i was almost in tears.
then the sheep pen question i didnt have a clue what to do and on the last one i didnt evn notice the mistake. i just assumed they wanted us to do it as the rest of the paper was so hard.

it really is unfair if people fail the maths exam because of the mistakes the sqa made.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Stephen Munley
Does anyone know where I could find the answers to yesterday's exam?
That maths paper was unbelivably hard, it was unreal nuthing like any other past paper it was imposibble, i mean not 1 person i knw cud say they done fine n am prepared to fail and get my 7's for maths although i had 1's in my prelim we gotta complain!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi, I go to Bearsden Academy I found it hard as well, but I think that the only *REALLY* hard ones were the parabola and the sheep pen. I had another look when I got home and omg part a and b of the parabola question are acually SO obvious. question a, you just got the answers from the points they gave you, and question b you just put these points into the equaton to get your answer. Part c was ok. For the sheep pen i think i got 3/4 because I didn't get the final answer but I did a lot of working. I got the rest of the paper right

Paper 1, hmm that was a lot harder, but it was doable, the only one that stumped my was the last question, why!! i got it right when i got home!!

Anyways good luck in the rest of your exams, and don't worry, the pass mark will be lowered if everybody has low marks, so chill!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
What's your name, person with unbelievably high spirits
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Now that would be telling wouldn't it. Depends who's asking doesnt it... I'm sure you could work it out
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ponce?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
no i told you that would be telling...who cares anyway its unlikely that you know me
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Highly likely seeing as i probably know everyone in 4th year there, but ah well, not a problem
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
So who is it that is so interested anyway?
Afy fae bella
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
PENNNNNNNCHODE that was bloody hard man!!!! I agree with whoever sed that the sheep pen (remembered as OB!!!) was too hard, and that parabola one was absolutely taking the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K....A & B....WTF!!!!! But after seeing the answers to that sheep pen one and the last one (without converting) i have to admit they were pretty simple...........but who cares it was a bloody *****!!!!! Burn THE SQA OFFICE!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I HAVE THE ANSWERS TO BOTH PAPERS.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

OVERALL THE PAPER WAS ON THE DIFFICULT SIDE.
DO NOT WORRY - IT IS LIKELY THAT THE PASS RATE FOR THE CREDIT BANDS WILL DROP CONSIDERABLY. IT IS NOT ALWAYS 50% FOR A BAND 2 AND 70% FOR A BAND 1. THE SQA IN FACT ANALYSE THE MARKS AND A CERTAIN PROPORTION GET A BAND 1 AND THE PASS MARK IS SET FOR THAT GRADE. NO MATTER HOW MUCH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS COMPLAIN, IT WILL MAKE VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE SINCE THE SQA ARE ALREADY TAKING MEASURES TO SORT THIS OUT. YES, THE SQA MADE A BLUNDER AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIES BY A VETTER BEFORE THE EXAM, BUT SHOULD ALL ELSE FAIL YOU CAN USE YOUR ESTIMATE GRADES FROM YOUR PRELIMS. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE GOOD PRELIM RESULTS, THEN IT WILL TEACH YOU TO WORK HARDER IN FUTURE.
ALSO, THERE WERE ABSOLUTELY NO HIGHER LEVEL QUESTIONS IN THE PAPER - THIS IS A METHOD TEACHERS ARE USING AS AN EXCUSE FOR NOT TEACHING THE UPPER LEVEL OF STANDARD GRADE CREDIT.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ooh, i need tv 4 my *******!!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.9%
Worried (302)
18.17%
Terrified (374)
22.5%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%