Am I messed up for thinking like this?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don’t know if this is messed up or something, that why I want to ask. So some of my female cousins are good looking which I know. Not saying I would date them or anything like that, but is it messed up to admit something like that to yourself? I would not really say it to someone else.
username3697430
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what you mean by it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Depends on what you mean by it
Well basically my friend has a hot cousin and my other friends were teasing him about it and he was saying she isn’t even that good. But that made me think I know that a have a few female cousins who are good looking. I would never think about anything sexual or stuff like that. But is it werid for me to acknowledge they are good looking and not just say “Eee they are not even that good looking”.
username3697430
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well basically my friend has a hot cousin and my other friends were teasing him about it and he was saying she isn’t even that good. But that made me think I know that a have a few female cousins who are good looking. I would never think about anything sexual or stuff like that. But is it werid for me to acknowledge they are good looking and not just say “Eee they are not even that good looking”.
Well then you have nothing to worry about

You're acting as if you were about to propose to her, just chill
TechnoPirate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is as absurd a question as calling it gay to recognise that another man or woman of your gender might be handsome or beautiful.
You can say family members are good looking without it being strange. There's even a debate as to whether or not first cousin mating is right or wrong. Personal beliefs aside, of course. Statistically there's a 70% increase in the chance of genetic defection between first cousins, of course it's not always something you can see, at the surface which is why it often goes undiagnosed. I think if you and a first cousin were to be interested in reproduction, approaching it scientifically and eliminating the gene problems is your best course- but that's not yet consumer available, so don't have kids with your cousin for some 15+ years.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
No it's not weird to acknowledge that someone is good looking. I'm a straight girl but I can acknowledge that other girls are pretty even though I'm not attracted to them. it's a similar thing with family members. You can say someone is good looking in an innocent way. It's just a fact that some people have faces that are more aesthetically pleasing than others.
DrySpoon53
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no you're not
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TechnoPirate)
This is as absurd a question as calling it gay to recognise that another man or woman of your gender might be handsome or beautiful.
You can say family members are good looking without it being strange. There's even a debate as to whether or not first cousin mating is right or wrong. Personal beliefs aside, of course. Statistically there's a 70% increase in the chance of genetic defection between first cousins, of course it's not always something you can see, at the surface which is why it often goes undiagnosed. I think if you and a first cousin were to be interested in reproduction, approaching it scientifically and eliminating the gene problems is your best course- but that's not yet consumer available, so don't have kids with your cousin for some 15+ years.
Eee wtf I ain’t going to have sex with them, that disgusting.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Well then you have nothing to worry about

You're acting as if you were about to propose to her, just chill
Yeah I sometimes have werid thoughts in my head like this before I go to sleep. Just had to make sure
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
Well there are asians out there who marry their cousins lmao
Anonymous #4
Report 2 years ago
I don’t know if this is messed up or something, that why I want to ask. So some of my female cousins are good looking which I know. Not saying I would date them or anything like that, but is it messed up to admit something like that to yourself? I would not really say it to someone else.
I don't think so, personally.

It's perfectly normal to think somebody is good looking, it doesn't matter if it is someone you are related to so long as it is in context.

For example, I have a teacher who is good looking. As in, he has many features of his face that I and many consider to be physically pleasing and fortunate. I'm in no way attracted to him, I have never once thought "he is so hot" - there is a difference.

Also, I am a straight female, however there are many girls I know/see and I think " they're good looking/pretty/have fortunate features". Again, in no way do this mean I like them in any way or that I am gay - it's just a very normal thing to register in your mind.
And when you think of it like that, it would be crazy to suggest that anybody who thought that, for example, someone of the same sex had nice eyes and good hair is gay!

As long as you don't become obsessed over it/them, which you shouldn't do if this is is your typical case of daily, normal life where we naturally acknowledge people as being good looking, then there really is no issue.
username3854416
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah it’s cool I have loads of fit cousins but it’s that just as long as you don’t think of it in a sexualised way ur cool
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing wrong with telling female cousins they look nice. You're giving them a compliment in the same way you would to a sister or a female friend. Just make sure you keep it at that and respect boundaries.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can recognise someone is good looking without meaning it in a sexual way
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol, no. I had crushes on my cousins/uncles before. It's completely natural.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what u mean. You can appreciate how people look that’s alright but don’t let it go too far in ur head
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.45%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.71%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.47%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.37%

Watched Threads