The Student Room Group

Rolls_Reus_Owner's EEEU-A*A*A*? Will he do it?

Rolls_Reus_Owner's GYG Thread
The Struggle to Success
Year 13

Before you even look below, I would personally read this old gyg to show how I was before so you can kinda see how everything has changed: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=77125396&highlight=

Hi, I am about to start one of the most stressful years of my life and which is the last year of 6th form (YEAR 13).The main reason I have made this GYG is to show the people that no requirements will stop me from being who I want to be. I also need motivation for this to work lol and any advice in revision for my subjects specifically would be helpful. Any questions will be answered as soon as possible:smile:.

Background:

Spoiler

Hobbies

Spoiler

GCSE Grades:

Spoiler

Subjects Taken:

Spoiler

As February-Mocks:

Spoiler

As Mocks:

Spoiler

Predicted Grades:

Spoiler

Open Days Attending/Attended

Spoiler

Uni Applications:

Spoiler

Tags:
@04MR17
@abbierobinson
@bookloverlolly
@circleofsighs
@citrus.tea
@Jono*
@Nabundle
@nyxnko_
@Strawbecky
@Tate00
@wifd149
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

DAY 1 - 2/9/18

Just made this GYG thread and I was meant to do work but I just watched Naruto and played PS4 and passed time, I do need to control it lol.
Reply 2
Good luck! I went from achieving DEEU at AS to getting ABB at A2. Many told me/hinted i was dumb and should settle for a lesser path in life, but with hard work i was able to improve in a short amount of time.
Your goal is totally possible but only if you put enough effort in!
Original post by fowlere
Good luck! I went from achieving DEEU at AS to getting ABB at A2. Many told me/hinted i was dumb and should settle for a lesser path in life, but with hard work i was able to improve in a short amount of time.

thats the spirit my guy. May I ask what do u take at uni?
Reply 4
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
thats the spirit my guy. May I ask what do u take at uni?

I am going to take biology at York in sept :smile:
Original post by fowlere
I am going to take biology at York in sept :smile:

oh Rah, Gd luck man. hope u do exceptional
Day 2 - 3/9/18

Today, I will be revising for a Math Retake which is next Monday I believe. I'm going all out for the best grade possible. Today, I will be covering 2 week topics of mine and my AS Pure mock paper since my paper is a Pure maths paper. I need to get back in the grind again for the A*s :smile:

Topics:
Logarithms modelling (Done)
Binomial Coefficients (Not done)
(edited 5 years ago)
good luck dude! i believe in you and hope you get the results you want (and good luck especially with that maths retake)
Original post by katebethanevans
good luck dude! i believe in you and hope you get the results you want (and good luck especially with that maths retake)

Thnks alot! Good luck with wht you are doing as well
Well, procrastination is a worry and long buses have stopped me from doing my second topic. Imma try finish it tomorrow since I need to get my personal statement ready soon
Day 3 - 4/9/18

Ya boi is back. I went to a few local libraries on quest to search for some engineering books to get a better understanding on it. I cam across a book called Modern Engineering Mathematics Forth Edition which I found interesting to read. I will borrow it next time I go and use it to add information in my personal statement!

Today, I will also be doing (Right Now):
- Binomial Coefficients(Done)

Need to be fully confident for this math retake since its a hard one to pass.

Special: I like various types of music which is cool I guess so here is my song recommendation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSATluu9cM&t=4s

Thanks for Reading :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Day 3 - 4/9/18

Ya boi is back. I went to a few local libraries on quest to search for some engineering books to get a better understanding on it. I cam across a book called Modern Engineering Mathematics Forth Edition which I found interesting to read. I will borrow it next time I go and use it to add information in my personal statement!

Today, I will also be doing (Right Now):
- Binomial Coefficients(Done)

Need to be fully confident for this math retake since its a hard one to pass.

Special: I like various types of music which is cool I guess so here is my song recommendation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSATluu9cM&t=4s

Thanks for Reading :smile:

I just saw your old GYG, the change in you from that is crazyyy. I have a feeling that you're gonna do really well this year and life with this mindset. The way you're thinking is pretty inspiring. Will be keeping up with this GYG. Good luck man
Original post by Nabundle
I just saw your old GYG, the change in you from that is crazyyy. I have a feeling that you're gonna do really well this year and life with this mindset. The way you're thinking is pretty inspiring. Will be keeping up with this GYG. Good luck man

Thanks man, that is really nice to hear lol :smile:. this has motivated me more not gonna lie. Unis, here I come
Original post by fowlere

thats so cool i was told not to do med for getting BBC at AS, hopefully i can get AAA, if i work hard this year
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
thats so cool i was told not to do med for getting BBC at AS, hopefully i can get AAA, if i work hard this year

I assume you take Bio and chem (lucky you lol). Bio is just memorising a lot of stuff and applying to different situations so it is recommended that you do as many past papers as possible and the same thing for chem. Smash that UKCAT/BMAT and go conquer your A-levels!

I just read through it myself and damn I have changed in a few months, I'm slowly getting my s*** together. I have started to be optimistic as much as possible recently and I plan to keep this mindset
I just read through it myself and damn I have changed in a few months, I'm slowly getting my s*** together. I have started to be optimistic as much as possible recently and I plan to keep this mindset

Yeah the change is crazy, I don't think that you'd ever have thought that you'd be like this a few months ago.
Yeah the change is crazy, I don't think that you'd ever have thought that you'd be like this a few months ago.

Yeah man, thanks. should i add u to the tag list?
Yeah man, thanks. should i add u to the tag list?

Yes please, I'll add you on mine.
Day 4 - 5/9/18

School tomorrow!!! Just getting more work done at the library and at home. Tomorrow is some motivation workshop n uni search time but I have done that already. Oh well, the grind carries on

Today, I will also be doing :
- Modelling with differentiation
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest