AW07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a spare GCSE and i don't know what to do. I've narrowed the candidates to Music, Art and Drama. I already song-write so I don't think Music can help me to further that. I don't see the point of Drama for my future plans. I am good at Art, and now that there is no coursework, is it time consuming? What do you guys think?
Skyye23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From your discription it seems like art will benefit you more especially seeing as your good at it. I do art and beware there is A LOT of work and u really have to enjoy it do well I think.
Just do what ever you enjoy most because u will do the best when ur doing something you love
bluewhale87
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seriously just pick the one you enjoy the most! I do GCSE Drama and I absolutely LOVE it, it's so fun and I look forward to every lesson! Be aware that you can do costume (including makeup and masks), set, lighting, sound and even puppetry if you do AQA Drama (which you'd have to check with your school) design if you do drama, and you don't even have to act once as part of the GCSE. If you don't like designing or performing Drama won't be for you. My sister does Art and loves it, and despite the heavy workload now, when it comes to her exams in May she will have already done her Art exam in April, so she won't have as many exams to be worried about! Both Art and Drama have heavy workload coursework elements that can be stressful, so be aware of this. Some people find Art too stressful and enjoy it less as a result of all the coursework. GCSE Music I don't know much about but it is very theory based and academic from what my friends have said (it's worth saying that Drama is much more theory based and written than you may expect, as well) and will most definitely help with writing songs due to the performance and composition elements of the course, so don't write it off because of that. Hope this is helpful xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed