Thinking of buying a vibrator - have some questions

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've had my eye on some vibes from Lovehoney for a while now, but I have some questions regarding actually buying them.

1. I attend and live at a boarding school, so the mail gets handled by staff before students receive them. I know Lovehoney has very discreet packaging, but doesn't the label still say something like 'LH Trading'? What are the odds the lady in charge of mail or my matron or my housemistress will read the label and realise I've bought a sex toy? (I realise waiting until I'm back home to order a toy is an option, but my mum's the one that picks up our mail and I don't want her getting curious about what I've ordered. Also, shipping costs.)

2. I'm 16, will be 17 by October. That's old enough to legally buy a vibe off Lovehoney's site, right? Can't imagine they'd let me set my age to 16 if I were too young.

3. I know the packaging it's delivered in is discreet, but what about the box of the toy itself? The cheapskate in me wants to keep the toy in its original box as opposed to one of those drawstring toy bags, but I can't do that if the box says in big bold letters VIBRATOR complete with pictures.
username4175908
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Why cant you just go into a shop and buy one , i use a viabrator even though i am a boy starting hormone treatment and i got one from Anne summers
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
What kind are you thinking of?
You can get some off Amazon cheap and 100% discreet I got a bullet vibrator off there and it's amazing I'm investing in another one soon

A lot of places say different things I believe you must be 18 or over but some places make exceptions
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by scotsman7)
Why cant you just go into a shop and buy one , i use a viabrator even though i am a boy starting hormone treatment and i got one from Anne summers
Admittedly I haven't been searching very hard, but I've yet to see a sex toy store that allows in people who are 18-under. Sure, there's the off chance that they'll think I'm old enough to be there and won't ask for ID, but I don't want to risk it. Also, again, boarding school. Restrictions on when I can leave campus grounds and where I can go. I'm pretty sure the nearby town doesn't have a sex toy store, or I'd have seen it during the past 3 years I've been here.

(Original post by Elektra06)
What kind are you thinking of?
You can get some off Amazon cheap and 100% discreet I got a bullet vibrator off there and it's amazing I'm investing in another one soon

A lot of places say different things I believe you must be 18 or over but some places make exceptions
I think I trust Lovehoney more than Amazon, honestly. The company dedicated to manufacturing quality sex toys with apparently excellent customer support, or the company that sells anything and everything and is known to have some pretty *****y working conditions? Yeah.

Besides, Lovehoney is plenty discreet. I just worry there's a chance someone will happen to glance at the return address, see LH Trading, and know that means sex toys. So I suppose the question should instead be "how likely are several married middle aged adults to know what Lovehoney is?" Which sounds like an odd question but hey, I'm not British. I don't know the specifics of sex toy culture here.
username4175908
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
ok good luck with your hunting
Miss Bones
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
First off if you re living in close surrounds, you may be better off with a dildo rather than a vibrator (they can be very noisy)

Legally there are no age restrictions on buying sex toys in the UK.

The address label does have a return addres of LH trading, the box will be plain brown or a white padded envelope. The actaul packaging of the item varies depending on the manufacturer, some are more subtle than other. Some are downright trashy. Love honey does or at least did sell discreet black, zip closed loackable cases. That or a make up bag may be a sensible choice.

Another option could be to have it delivered to a collection locker and pick it up from there, phone lovey honey talk to them.
LillyBee1
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi

I've ordered items off Lovehoney before and yes they do say LH Trading on them, however it's in quite small writing so unless the people on charge of your post are looking for stuff like that then the chances are they might not even notice.

I can't remember is Lovehoney gives you the option to deliver to a Collect Plus location but if it does then that's always an option.

Alternatively Amazon have a section deducted to sex toys, etc. And I know why Amazon products you can get them delivered to an Amazon Locket location which bypasses your uni post staff.

In terms of the packaging of the actual toy they usually say clearly what the product is so if you don't want anyone to know what it is then I suggest throwing away the packaging. Or just embrace it!! So you have a sex toy , so what?! Bet alot of the other students have thought about trying one too or maybe they have one already?

Hope this helps. PM if you have any more questions
ItsmeLaura
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I have ordered many sex toys from love honey, The box is completely discrete so they wont know that you're being a naughty girl. Just make sure you keep it quiet
asley5
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had my eye on some vibes from Lovehoney for a while now, but I have some questions regarding actually buying them.

1. I attend and live at a boarding school, so the mail gets handled by staff before students receive them. I know Lovehoney has very discreet packaging, but doesn't the label still say something like 'LH Trading'? What are the odds the lady in charge of mail or my matron or my housemistress will read the label and realise I've bought a sex toy? (I realise waiting until I'm back home to order a toy is an option, but my mum's the one that picks up our mail and I don't want her getting curious about what I've ordered. Also, shipping costs.)

2. I'm 16, will be 17 by October. That's old enough to legally buy a vibe off Lovehoney's site, right? Can't imagine they'd let me set my age to 16 if I were too young.

3. I know the packaging it's delivered in is discreet, but what about the box of the toy itself? The cheapskate in me wants to keep the toy in its original box as opposed to one of those drawstring toy bags, but I can't do that if the box says in big bold letters VIBRATOR complete with pictures.
Hey love this quiet one. Here yeah ..https://amzn.to/3Hdx7ue 3(remove 3)
Anonymous4769
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Miss Bones)
First off if you re living in close surrounds, you may be better off with a dildo rather than a vibrator (they can be very noisy)

Legally there are no age restrictions on buying sex toys in the UK.

The address label does have a return addres of LH trading, the box will be plain brown or a white padded envelope. The actaul packaging of the item varies depending on the manufacturer, some are more subtle than other. Some are downright trashy. Love honey does or at least did sell discreet black, zip closed loackable cases. That or a make up bag may be a sensible choice.

Another option could be to have it delivered to a collection locker and pick it up from there, phone lovey honey talk to them.
i thought you had to be 18 in the UK to buy sex toys but any age to buy condoms and lubes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.21%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.98%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.38%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.66%
Getting distracted (43)
18.3%
Procrastination (79)
33.62%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.43%

Watched Threads