The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work Cohort 2019

Anyone planning on applying to Frontline Social Work 2019 this week?I believe the official opening of the application may be today 3rd Sept 18?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: I’m really not too sure to be honest. I went to a career changer event and was told it would be the application form consisting of competency questions and then the situational judgement test.. but whether they come together or after one another I’m not sure!
Good luck! You’ll have to let me know how you get on. I keep refreshing my email!
Reply 2
I have just seen it has opened now : ) Have you already applied? Will do! So exciting
I just finished applying for it
Reply 4
I am applying too. I have been doing the application for a couple of days now haha
Glad to find this discussion as I’m also thinking about applying! Think I will start the form tomorrow :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by KLouiseK
I have just seen it has opened now : ) Have you already applied? Will do! So exciting

I'm part way through it and hope to have it sent back off tonight! how about you? x
Reply 7
I have just applied and have a link for the online tests. Is there only the one praxtice test from Korn Ferry? Very nervous!
Reply 8
I have just done the online test. I didn't find it too bad just not sure on my application.
I have finished the online test and have been asked to do a video interview. So excited! What has everybody been studying/working as up until this point?
Original post by georgiaemily7
I have finished the online test and have been asked to do a video interview. So excited! What has everybody been studying/working as up until this point?

Good luck : ) so I assume if you pass the online tests you will be told immediately your through to the video interview? and if it is a fail you get told immediately too?

I am going to complete the online tests today just trying to find some practice ones online first. I graduated in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies last summer and have been working as a teacher in Kuwait since what about everyone else?
Good luck : ) so I assume if you pass the online tests you will be told immediately your through to the video interview? and if it is a fail you get told immediately too?

I am going to complete the online tests today just trying to find some practice ones online first. I graduated in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies last summer and have been working as a teacher in Kuwait since what about everyone else?

Yes, I received an email immediately saying I had passed the online test. I later received another email asking me to complete the video interview.

Good luck, try and not give it too much thought. Sounds incredible, I graduated in psychology and have been working as an Assistant Psychologist for the past year.
Reply 12
Original post by georgiaemily7
Yes, I received an email immediately saying I had passed the online test. I later received another email asking me to complete the video interview.

Good luck, try and not give it too much thought. Sounds incredible, I graduated in psychology and have been working as an Assistant Psychologist for the past year.

I am going to submit my application tonight I think, I can't seem to let it go though haha. Have you completed the video interview yet? Is it right that you get 7 days to complete it?
Aw, I know how you feel, I read over mine about 50 times. Take a deep breath and press that submit button! I’ll be receiving the video link within the next 5 days and then I’ll have 7 days to complete. So excited!
(edited 5 years ago)
I passed the online tests last night, just waiting to see if I get an interview 🤞I’m a Law grad, I was a safeguarding officer in a school for a while and I’m about to qualify as a nurse in March. I studied nursing with the aim of becoming a health visitor, though over the course of the training I have steadily become more interested in social care 😊
Original post by vaudwick
I passed the online tests last night, just waiting to see if I get an interview 🤞I’m a Law grad, I was a safeguarding officer in a school for a while and I’m about to qualify as a nurse in March. I studied nursing with the aim of becoming a health visitor, though over the course of the training I have steadily become more interested in social care 😊

Well done! Can you please tell me how you practiced for the online tests? and are all the questions timed ? I have just looked at the practice ones on Korn Ferry...are they like that? I find the time goes so quickly as I'm not the quickest of readers :s-smilie:
Well done! Can you please tell me how you practiced for the online tests? and are all the questions timed ? I have just looked at the practice ones on Korn Ferry...are they like that? I find the time goes so quickly as I'm not the quickest of readers :s-smilie:

You get 30 mins to do the whole test. I didn’t practice, I think it’s relatively opinion based so there’s no need to revise too intently. You’ll be great don’t worry
I think the practice tests were more difficult than the actual one! Go with your instinct, read the question properly and remember the competencies is what I would advise. It wasn’t timed, but it took me about half an hour. I’m through to the video interview 😊
I passed the online test : ) wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now waiting to hear if I am through to the video interview. Fingers crossed! : )
Has anyone completed the video interview yet? Just being nosey 🙈

Quick Reply

Latest