2018 Goldsmiths accommodation swap Watch

eve.andrews
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi - looking around to see if anybody is interested in an accomodation swap for the upcoming year. I have a place at Loring Hall which is cheaper than a good proportion of the accomodation on offer, and I'm looking for somewhere better for me. Let me know!
username4003948
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by eve.andrews)
Hi - looking around to see if anybody is interested in an accomodation swap for the upcoming year. I have a place at Loring Hall which is cheaper than a good proportion of the accomodation on offer, and I'm looking for somewhere better for me. Let me know!
Hi Eve,

I've got a place at Surrey House Annexe and I'm not super keen on the prospect of living in halls. I went on a tour during an open day in June - which admittedly was of one of the blocks at Loring - but they told me the halls are all much the same. Even the pictures on the student village website of the rooms at Surrey House look a bit dump-esque and you'd think they'd try capture angles which portray them in a reasonable light.

I've been looking at rooms in private flat/houseshares on Spare Room and it looks as though there are plenty of nicely decorated double rooms with more space/storage available to rent, with bills included, for significantly less than the cost of halls. I'm saving for a deposit for something private now but I probably need to already be living in London (i.e. have moved up there into halls from where I currently live on the Kent coast) in order to properly look at private options.

So, I can see myself living in halls for perhaps a couple of weeks and then hopefully moving into a room with a private landlord, if I can find somebody to take my room. Thing is, I'm 28 and was told that the university accommodation service aim to put people in with others of similar ages (also confirmed by an ex-mature student when I attended the open day), so the flat in Surrey House Annexe will be with mature students.

TLDR: I have a room in a flat with mature students in Surrey House Annexe which I might want to vacate soon after moving in, which you could potentially have. You would have to find somebody who wants your room in Loring, but considering that's literally directly next to (the closest halls to) the campus and has a reputation for partying, there'll probably be plenty of 18 year old wastecadets interested in taking it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Goldsmiths, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Saturday 5 October Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • Goldsmiths, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening - Wednesday 20 November Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed