The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
In a word, very. Last year in about week 4 I went to the library to revise for the exact same reason as you, went at about 11am and literally could not find a single space on any floor. In the end I did do all my revision in my room and was perfectly productive, but to be sure of a spot in the library or Grid you will need to get there early (or work in the evenings when it's quieter). I'm still trying to decide what to do this coming term, I would revise from home but my desk is rubbish to the point of being scarcely usuable for work, and I really don't want to get into campus that early every day.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Get in at 8 or 9 and you should be alright.
Reply 3
I found the library to be very busy, but also I find it isn't very conducive to work. On the couple of occasions I have tried revising in the library I've found nearby people to be very distracting for various reasons (including talking at the tops of voices, what the?). Dunno about the Learning Grid, but I hear MSN are on the computers, so nuff said :p:

I'd just learn to work in your room, bearing in mind that it's probably unreasonable to work every hour of the day.
People go to the library first thing in the morning and leave their stuff there all day. They don't stay there all day with their stuff mind. Last year I know people who left their things at the library just to save a seat but spent a lot of the day in their rooms or whatever. Very annoying. Also during term 3 they relax the rules on food/drink/talking and people really abuse it so I will be seeking comfort in the silent reading rooms. I can't work in my room as it is my relaxing space and my house just has a bad feel about it so I shall be using the library when I finally get round to revision in week 5.
Reply 5
Just wondering... when do you people start revision? I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but do most people start once the term begins? Many people have told me that they usually study about a week before the exam. What are your opinions?
Reply 6
plus_one
Just wondering... when do you people start revision? I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but do most people start once the term begins? Many people have told me that they usually study about a week before the exam. What are your opinions?

I've always had April exams, so I've always had to start over Easter.

Some people can just walk into an exam and ace it, others can put all the effort in the world in and get a mediocre mark at best (I know people that fall firmly into both categories). It depends entirely on the person.

Why do you even need to start revising when others do, anyway? Go on, be a devil and put some extra work in; you never know, it might just get you a better mark!
plus_one

I have assessed work going on until the end of week 4 so I shall be starting my revision week 5. My exams are week 9 though so it gives me a week for each section.

Last year because the weather was so good nobody seemed to be revising much in the first couple of weeks.
Reply 8
happydinosaur
Also during term 3 they relax the rules on food/drink/talking and people really abuse it so I will be seeking comfort in the silent reading rooms.

With desginated talking/eating floors now, I'd imagine that they will be a bit stricter on silent floors, or at least students who want to talk will go to the right floor. Previously there werent the facilities, now there are, so it should be ok.
spark911
With desginated talking/eating floors now, I'd imagine that they will be a bit stricter on silent floors, or at least students who want to talk will go to the right floor. Previously there werent the facilities, now there are, so it should be ok.

Yeh though seeing they are rarely very strict anyway and allow the library to be abused by people talking loudly, having picnics and using phones I wouldn't be too sure. I often have to move seats in the library because of idiots who can't behave.

Even if they do control that I will still get very annoyed by all the people who live on campus go in to dump their stuff and then spend the afternoon in their rooms playing computer games. There is no way to control it and it is the most annoying thing in the world.
Reply 10
does leam or cov not have a library?
aqfrenzy
does leam or cov not have a library?

Both have local community libraries yes. Leamingtons is small (as with everything in Leam) whilst Coventry has a bigger library. I've been to both to do research into campus for one of my modules. Why do you ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending