Queens' University Belfast Nursing 2019 Watch

Andremasil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi all,

I will be applying for adult nursing at Queens 2019, who else is applying this year?
Have you started your personal statement yet, where else are you applying to?

I know its a bit early, but I'm very excited about it.
nursingadult2018
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hey love

i will be reapplying this year. My personal statement is already completed and i will be sending it off once ucas opens in the middle of september
Andremasil
Rep:
?
(Original post by nursingadult2018)
hey love

i will be reapplying this year. My personal statement is already completed and i will be sending it off once ucas opens in the middle of september
Can you use the same personal statement or you had to write another one?
Good luck
nursingadult2018
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you can use the same personal statement twice however i have rewrote mine to include what i do within my current role as a care assistant as i have a lot more experience with working dementia xx
stephanie1276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I will will also be applying for adult nursing this year and my personal statement is almost done just needs tweaking so it's within the 4000 characters limit
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by stephanie1276; 5 months ago
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am also applying for Sept/Feb intake 2019/2020. I just need to cut some characters from my personal statement. Does anybody know why the february intake option has disappeared off the UCAS website and is only showing September intake?
Andremasil
Rep:
?
Hi again, I just register myself on UCAS website am so excited lol...

graceylou92, I have no idea, didn't get to the point yet.
also would February intake count as a choice?
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Also sorry for all the questions. is anyone applying as an independent I.E not at school or college and a mature student?
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
when I first register with UCAS about 3 weeks ago there was an option for September and February but there is only one option now 🤔
Andremasil
Rep:
?
(Original post by graceylou92)
Also sorry for all the questions. is anyone applying as an independent I.E not at school or college and a mature student?
Sorry, I cannot help on that as well.
I'm applying through my college, but I'm a mature student for sure lol
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nursingadult2018)
hey love

Hi! Thats good to here. How did you find the previous application process? Such an exciting time!
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! I've started a new chat for anyone applying for magee 2019. it's name is "Nursing Magee 2019 Application.

just in case anyone is reapplying this year. it will hopefully be good for help, support and advice to each other!.
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just a heads up everyone! the Feb intake on UCAS has disappeared but queens have reassured me that its a technical issue that they hope to resolve in a couple of days 👌
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi everyone I will also be applying for both queens and Magee for adult nursing for sept 19. I’m a mature student and am about to start my access course this week! 😊
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Hi everyone I will also be applying for both queens and Magee for adult nursing for sept 19. I’m a mature student and am about to start my access course this week! 😊
Good Luck with your Access course! I'm lucky I've only been out of uni just over a year so don't qualify for the access course but my previous degree is science based and I've worked for the Belfast trust sinceni graduated.
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks graceylou92 😊
Shives18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi all, I too will be reappying this year too queens, I’ve passed my access course with distension so already have my grades ect, can anyone tell me when not applying through school can you still get ur tutor to give a reference ? Also dose anyone no if you can apply for both nursing and midwifery at once with queens ? X
graceylou92
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm also applying as UCAS described it as an "independent". I think as long as they have known you in last year or two anyone can be your reference as long as it's not family, friends etc. I'm getting my ward deputy sister to do mine.

also you can apply for both nursing and midwifery but it has to go on the one UCAS form so it would be very hard to focus your personal statement on both areas if that makes sense.
Ymf
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Shives18)
Hi all, I too will be reappying this year too queens, I’ve passed my access course with distension so already have my grades ect, can anyone tell me when not applying through school can you still get ur tutor to give a reference ? Also dose anyone no if you can apply for both nursing and midwifery at once with queens ? X
Hi shives18

That’s fab well done on your access course I start mine today! I’m also considering midwifery however only thing that is putting me off is the personal statement and wondering would it make them think I wasn’t serious about one or the other and might not pick me then regardless of how well interview etc. X
Shives18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ymf)
Hi shives18

That’s fab well done on your access course I start mine today! I’m also considering midwifery however only thing that is putting me off is the personal statement and wondering would it make them think I wasn’t serious about one or the other and might not pick me then regardless of how well interview etc. X
thank you, you will do great. This is also my worry as to how you could write the ps as we need to show are passion but can we do that if we apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
60%
No (158)
40%

Watched Threads