Does anyone know much about the women of the wars of the roses in 1450-1485? Watch

Selkiiie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
This is for my wars of the roses coursework essay which considers the influence of women. I am focusing on Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret of Anjou and Margaret Bofourt. Anyone know much about these women and how responsible they were for the wars of the roses?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You might want to include Cecily Neville too, that would balance the sides.
At the moment you have two Lancastrians and a single Yorkist.
Cecily Neville was the wife of Richard 3rd Duke of York, she was descended from the powerful Earls of Warwick and Plantagenet royalty.
Her two sons Edward IV and Richard III were both Yorkist Kings.

Margaret Beaufort was probably the most central and successful figure in reestablishing the fortunes of the House of Lancaster post Yorkist monarchy.
Descended from Plantagenet royalty, Margaret was an heiress and child bride married aged 12 to King Henry's VI 17 year old half brother.
Widowed and pregnant aged 13, her ambitions revolved around her only child Henry Tudor- later Henry VII.
Margaret Beaufort married three times, twice after her son's birth to influential aristocrats who could be of assistance in bringing her son to the throne. She initially focused on gathering the allies necessary to consolidate a power base that could challenge the reigning Yorkists who had ended Lancastrian rule and deposed her brother in law.
Last edited by londonmyst; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads