Unikitout or buy everything myself? (International student) Watch

ScreamerOfStars
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m an international student and I was wondering, what are the best places to buy kitchenware and bedding from?

I’m aware of UniKitOut but it looks expensive to me so I’m considering buying the things myself when I get there. Where’s the cheapest places to get kitchenware/bedding? There seems to be a lot of supermarkets in York but I’m kinda confused as to which place is the most afforadable.

Thanks in advance!
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ScreamerOfStars)
Hi, I’m an international student and I was wondering, what are the best places to buy kitchenware and bedding from?

I’m aware of UniKitOut but it looks expensive to me so I’m considering buying the things myself when I get there. Where’s the cheapest places to get kitchenware/bedding? There seems to be a lot of supermarkets in York but I’m kinda confused as to which place is the most afforadable.

Thanks in advance!
Wilkinsons and Argos are fairly cheap. They do delivery as well

Give Amazon a look too.
VerAl1504
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in the same boat as you. A couple of international students will meet up at go on a shopping trip together to ikea and what have you.
LpoolLawStudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks in advance!
I ended up getting my bedding and kitchen ware off unikitout, because I needed it to be there when I arrived. With the 10% off code and free delivery, it isn't much more expensive than to buy in shops here. Because pretty much everything is expensive in the UK.
ScreamerOfStars
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AndrewMarkSP)
I ended up getting my bedding and kitchen ware off unikitout, because I needed it to be there when I arrived. With the 10% off code and free delivery, it isn't much more expensive than to buy in shops here. Because pretty much everything is expensive in the UK.
True I’m planning on ordering my bedding from unikitout and buying my kitchenware when I arrive since I’m arriving a few days early.
LpoolLawStudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
True I’m planning on ordering my bedding from unikitout and buying my kitchenware when I arrive since I’m arriving a few days early.
Seems sensible! I'll be arriving next Friday for a mature student induction, but I would rather not have the hassle of running out to shops for kitchen stuff and missing the scheduled social events. I've even arranged a Tesco delivery with essentials and groceries- I'm just too prepared for my own good haha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of York
    October Visit Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of York
    October Visit Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed