The Student Room Group

Can i go from BBC to AAA?

I got BBC in biology, chemistry and psychology this year for A Levels and I really wanted AAA so i've decided to resit all three subjects. Can I get AAA in one year as a private candidate and if so, what would you recommend because I honestly thought I tried my hardest in year 13?
It would be useful to hear from resit students if possible?

Thank you:smile:))
Can you? Yes. Will you? Maybe.
Reply 2
Original post by DarthRoar
Can you? Yes. Will you? Maybe.

Thanks for replying, I am definitely capable of doing so as my progress throughout the year and mocks showed. How do you suggest I go by in order to get the grades? I am willing to give it my everything and not give up
You will have to work extremely hard. It is possible if your work ethic and motivation remain consistent and at a good level for the year.
Original post by illunoiss
Thanks for replying, I am definitely capable of doing so as my progress throughout the year and mocks showed. How do you suggest I go by in order to get the grades? I am willing to give it my everything and not give up

You should roughly know the material as you already have BBC. You've got a whole year to go back over the spec/textbooks and burn the information into your memory. Do all the practice questions you can find. Every single one.

You have a whole year though, so don't burn yourself out early. Collect a bunch of past papers and save them for the last month or so.
Reply 5
Original post by DarthRoar
You should roughly know the material as you already have BBC. You've got a whole year to go back over the spec/textbooks and burn the information into your memory. Do all the practice questions you can find. Every single one.

You have a whole year though, so don't burn yourself out early. Collect a bunch of past papers and save them for the last month or so.

I did so many practice papers last year so I'm worried if I don't change anything in my revision, I won't see a difference in my grades. How would you recommend revising?
Reply 6
Original post by username123512
You will have to work extremely hard. It is possible if your work ethic and motivation remain consistent and at a good level for the year.

Thanks for replying, I did think my work ethic was good last year but I was disappointed with the grades I got as they didn't correlate to the hard work I put in and throughout the year I was consistent. How do you recommend I approach this year?
Original post by illunoiss
Thanks for replying, I did think my work ethic was good last year but I was disappointed with the grades I got as they didn't correlate to the hard work I put in and throughout the year I was consistent. How do you recommend I approach this year?

I mean by what you're saying it does sound a bit weird that you did not get the grades you wanted despite the work you put in but consolidating your notes everyday with past paper questions and past papers will help. Asking teachers with topics you find difficult will be beneficial and just not starting revision late.

Quick Reply

Latest