annabel_gilmour
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! I'm going back to school on Wednesday and I'm going to be starting my GCSE courses in:

English Literature
English Language
Maths
Biology
Chemsitry
Physics
Geography
French
Spanish
Drama

And I know my exams are a long way off, but it dawned on me - I don't actually know how to revise! Up until now I've made revision cards for any tests, and this has worked fine for me (I regularly get 8s and 9s), but I recently found out that this method only works to remember things in the short term. So I was wondering how you guys revised for your GCSEs, and if you have any subject specific/general advice on methods of revision that worked for you, I'd be super grateful if you could share it! Hopefully this thread can also help anyone doing their GCSEs this year. (It would be great if you could also include the subjects you studied/are studying and the grades you got/are getting! )
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annabel_gilmour)
Hey! I'm going back to school on Wednesday and I'm going to be starting my GCSE courses in:

English Literature
English Language
Maths
Biology
Chemsitry
Physics
Geography
French
Spanish
Drama

And I know my exams are a long way off, but it dawned on me - I don't actually know how to revise! Up until now I've made revision cards for any tests, and this has worked fine for me (I regularly get 8s and 9s), but I recently found out that this method only works to remember things in the short term. So I was wondering how you guys revised for your GCSEs, and if you have any subject specific/general advice on methods of revision that worked for you, I'd be super grateful if you could share it! Hopefully this thread can also help anyone doing their GCSEs this year. (It would be great if you could also include the subjects you studied/are studying and the grades you got/are getting! )
I got a 9 in RS and used Seneca revision website
annabel_gilmour
Rep:
?
(Original post by A level RPP)
I got a 9 in RS and used Seneca revision website
Ahh thank you! Just looked it up and it looks really good
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ahh thank you! Just looked it up and it looks really good
I did RS spec B for a q A!!!!
annabel_gilmour
Rep:
?
(Original post by A level RPP)
I did RS spec B for a q A!!!!
Just got it - it's!! amazing!!
savage_queen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sites like GetRevising, Seneca, Corbettmaths, Duolingo, Quizlet are quite good alongside youtubers such as freesciencelessons, primrose kittens, Tyler deWitt and Mr.Bruff
annabel_gilmour
Rep:
?
(Original post by savage_queen)
Sites like GetRevising, Seneca, Corbettmaths, Duolingo, Quizlet are quite good alongside youtubers such as freesciencelessons, primrose kittens, Tyler deWitt and Mr.Bruff
Ah yeah! I'm familiar with a few of those websites (and youtubers!) but I'll check out the ones that I don't know. Thanks
savage_queen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah yeah! I'm familiar with a few of those websites (and youtubers!) but I'll check out the ones that I don't know. Thanks
Np, also just remembered the app Gojimo. It's quite good too for last minute revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.3%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.44%
Live streaming events (46)
8.98%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.77%
A uni comparison tool (119)
23.24%
An in-person event when available (114)
22.27%