Fifa men’s player of year messi? Watch

Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So Messi wasn’t nominated for the first time in 11-12 years which is bs coz he still achieved most goals/assists ect...
So since he hasn’t been nominated does this automatically mean he won’t win the ball on dor?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I believe BOD is now a separate award.

My guess is he wasn't nominated as it's a FIFA award and naturally they will reward performances in the World Cup.
Kev lad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by sr90)
I believe BOD is now a separate award.

My guess is he wasn't nominated as it's a FIFA award and naturally they will reward performances in the World Cup.
So why Ronaldo and salah in then? They had equal bad world cups
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If I've understood this correctly, the Ballon d'Or merged with the FIFA WPOTY award in 2009, prior to that there were two awards. Since then it was the FIFA Ballon d'Or until recently when the Ballon d'Or became a separate award again and I assume the FIFA WPOTY is the same.

This won't affect Messi's chances of winning the Ballon d'Or, but he isn't going to win it this year anyway. I think Mbappe might do it.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It’s a joke that he’s not in the top 3 but the award has been for a while.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
That Salah goal being nominated for the Puskas award is an embarrassment.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
That Salah goal being nominated for the Puskas award is an embarrassment.
Which goal? Want to see the list of nominations. Messi vs Nigeria and Bale vs Liverpool should be on there.
bluebird39
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I still can’t believe Bale wasn’t even nominated over Ronaldo for UEFA goal of the season. Biggest farce in years.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
An absolute injustice. Top scorer of la liga, top assists, most shots on target, golden boot, pichici....and list goes on forever. Plus he scored more goals and did more assists than all 3 of the nominees individually (Salah, Ronaldo, Modric). FIFA are corrupt af, and Messi won’t win ballon d’or either, even though he deserves it.

But it’s okay, Messi doesn’t need those awards. We all have eyes, he’s a genius and will go down in history as the greatest of all time regardless.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Which goal? Want to see the list of nominations. Messi vs Nigeria and Bale vs Liverpool should be on there.
I haven't seen it confirmed, saw people on twitter saying but Salah against Everton in the league last season. It's a good goal but never Puskas worthy
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Vs Everton.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8XGUgvoAM
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Salah goal wouldn't even win a MOTD goal of the month competition. Guessing they thought they had to get a Salah goal on there and just went for that one.
CosCom Writers
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Kev lad)
So Messi wasn’t nominated for the first time in 11-12 years which is bs coz he still achieved most goals/assists ect...
So since he hasn’t been nominated does this automatically mean he won’t win the ball on dor?
I think C Ronaldo has a better skill
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The problem with Messi is his performances have become so 'Common' that he needs to do something outlandish to win it. He is held to a higher standard than any player and that is why he keeps getting shut out of these.
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I any I though his goal against Spurs was better.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
The problem with Messi is his performances have become so 'Common' that he needs to do something outlandish to win it. He is held to a higher standard than any player and that is why he keeps getting shut out of these.
This is true. The world has been spoilt by Messi.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (7)
12.5%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (4)
7.14%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (2)