The Student Room Group

clothing alterations / repairs

Do any of you repair or alter your clothes ...i have this Black Pencil skirt i wear for the office and the rear zip kept on opening because the waist was too tight ..its a size 6 skirt , i wear a size 8 ..so i thought i will alter it ..first i brought a packet of eyelets / grommets .1.cut 4 holes in the skirt ..2 /fit the eyelets 3/find a shoelace or as i did cut the waistband from a pair of Black Tights [better because its stretchy] use this to tie up the skirt ..pictures..
Reply 1
Original post by lightlyblue
Do any of you repair or alter your clothes ...i have this Black Pencil skirt i wear for the office and the rear zip kept on opening because the waist was too tight ..its a size 6 skirt , i wear a size 8 ..so i thought i will alter it ..first i brought a packet of eyelets / grommets .1.cut 4 holes in the skirt ..2 /fit the eyelets 3/find a shoelace or as i did cut the waistband from a pair of Black Tights [better because its stretchy] use this to tie up the skirt ..pictures..
Reply 2
Reply 3
End result ...
More tights!

When TSR make their own branded tights, I'll be sure to get you some.
Reply 5
Thanks that would be cool ...its all i wear on my legs 365 days of the year ..i have never been much of a trouser/jeans Girl.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
More tights!

When TSR make their own branded tights, I'll be sure to get you some.
Reply 6
what do you think of the skirt though ...Cool hey ..:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending