memeing my way to A*AA Watch

memebois
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
YO WHAT'S UP GUYS

Welcome to my GYG blog

I don't post much around TSR but BOI do I read a lot on here. Revision resources posted on here pretty much got me through Year 12, so I'm attempting to document my journey through Year 13 on here. Exactly one week until school starts, so I gotta get my crap together now

Education so far:

GCSE GRADES:
Spoiler:
Show

Art and Design: A
Biology: A
Business Studies: A
Chemistry: A*
English Language: 7
English Literature: 6
French: A
Geography: A*
Mathematics: 7
Physics: A*
Religious Studies: A

English Lit is the BANE of my results but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who needs to speak English am I right?
Out of all my subjects I was the most comfortable with Chemistry and Biology. I was wetting myself through the entire Maths exam but I think it went pretty well overall!

EXTRA CURRICULAR:
Spoiler:
Show

Chemistry Olympiad 2017:I barely managed to scrape a bronze award for the olympiad in Year 12. When I say barely, I mean the passing mark was 16 and I got 15.5 which was rounded to a 16... GOOD ENOUGH
I'm going to do it again this year if my teachers allow, and hopefully get a silver or above!
Gold CREST award:I undertook a Biochesmistry research placement this Summer, and just submitted my report to the awarding body. Hopyfully I'll get that award within the next month!
EPQ:I will be doing a chemistry-related EPQ this year, something to do with minerals? Maybe? I'm not sure? My life is a mess?

Current Subjects:

My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, and P̶s̶y̶c̶h̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶Physics.
I dropped Psychology 3 months into Year 12 when I realized I hated the subject with a BURNING passion. But physics is highkey killing me. Oof.
Chemistry is my big boi subject. I've always had a passion for it, and am going to be applying for a Chemistry course this year. No idea which unis though, mainly looking at Oxford and York.

AS Grades:
Spoiler:
Show

Chemistry: Predicted: A Achieved: A
Chemistry was the calmest exams I ever done did took in my life. Brought a tear to my eye that might have smudged some of my writing. Bless up my teachers
Biology: Predicted: A Achieved: A
I hated those exams so MUCH and I did not expect that grade! All my revision was done the nights before the exams, it really should not have worked...
Physics: Predicted: B Achieved: D
I disappointed myself a lot with this one. I revised a couple chapters before giving up, and the exams were back to back. I know that for this year I need to pay special attention to physics if I'm going to get my A.

A2 grades:
Spoiler:
Show

not yet man

A huge thing that does wonders when I revise is listen to music. Here is a small collection of music playlists I love to listen to when studying (will grow!)
Spoiler:
Show

Steven Universe instrumentals - even if you don't watch the show, the music is so incredible and relaxing.
Lofi playlist - everything of quality here. Popular lofi livestreams are also out there but this particular playlist is just suited to my tastes more.
The whole of elijah who's channel - just flawless tbh

I am going to aim to post weekly updates on here documenting my progress and any internal grades I get. I really hope this joruney is of value to anyone out there, and make some cool friends! And good luck to anyone else going through GCSE's/A-Levels! LOVE YOU ALL
dlsoii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Wait. How is it all going? Chemistry is my big boi subject too. Heard back from any unis?
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Best of luck! :rave:
jbman690
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oof
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads