Has anyone finished the OCR 2019 gcse programming project yet?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Beyoncetwice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They have just been handed out on the website and they are really easy.

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/503195...-june-2020.pdf

I'm in year 11 and spent most of today getting the dice game done but might do the music quiz as well later on. Just doing the testing now. I did it in python but am learning java so will convert it when I get time. What language are you using?

Hopefully, we don't have to waste 20 hours in class now and can do some proper computing instead.
iailwsf19
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey how long did it take you to complete it?
Beyoncetwice
Rep:
?
It took about 6 hours to write the code and get it working but I added lots of extra graphical stuff you don't actually need so you could probably do it in 3 or 4 hours. If you do the other stuff (waste of time) like doing a plan and logging all the testing, then you can add another 6 hours. Done the music quiz now. That takes a bit less as it's really easy and will convert them into java later on as prefer java but we use python in school. I will ask the teacher if it is okay to post the code and will post it later on if it will help.
lemondem0n
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Beyoncetwice)
If you do the other stuff (waste of time) like doing a plan and logging all the testing, then you can add another 6 hours.
I thought we had to submit a report? Isn't making a plan and logging testing something you need to do for that?
ManLikeMahdi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They have just been handed out on the website and they are really easy.

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/503195...-june-2020.pdf

I'm in year 11 and spent most of today getting the dice game done but might do the music quiz as well later on. Just doing the testing now. I did it in python but am learning java so will convert it when I get time. What language are you using?

Hopefully, we don't have to waste 20 hours in class now and can do some proper computing instead.

Hey! Is there any chance that you could share your programme with the python link or just paste your code please? I just want to get a rough idea of what the code should look like!
Thanks
juicewrld
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RafsanRahman)
Hey! Is there any chance that you could share your programme with the python link or just paste your code please? I just want to get a rough idea of what the code should look like!
Thanks
^what he said, i'm doing the dice game too but struggling
AmericanFreedom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't count for anything, the coursework isn't graded or marked
Beyoncetwice
Rep:
?
(Original post by juicewrld)
^what he said, i'm doing the dice game too but struggling
Yeh okay. I will send it out when I get the java version done as well. I'm gonna use a converter to get it working in C as well if anyone wants that.
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeh okay. I will send it out when I get the java version done as well. I'm gonna use a converter to get it working in C as well if anyone wants that.
Alright thanks!
tommyscarlet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please do the music quiz one i'm really struggling with it, it would mean a great deal and would really help me out, thanks
J1Asthana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
can you send code for Music quiz one please? Just want rough idea on code
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you finished the dice game yet??
username3314392
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have finished task 3 which took around 5 days? For some reason this seems to be working on my computer but I had to update the code properly for it to work in school. Let me know if you have any problems.

https://github.com/daaudm/ocr-task1
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by daaudm)
I have finished task 3 which took around 5 days? For some reason this seems to be working on my computer but I had to update the code properly for it to work in school. Let me know if you have any problems.

https://github.com/daaudm/ocr-task1
Thanks for sharing! I tried your code and its all working apart from the ending where the leaderboard isnt printed when your code tells it to do. Please may you address this issue? Thanks
username3314392
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for sharing! I tried your code and its all working apart from the ending where the leaderboard isnt printed when your code tells it to do. Please may you address this issue? Thanks
Hi, did you store every file in the above repository in a single folder? It works fine for me, but again, it doesn't seem to work perfectly on every single computer I used, which I'm investigating. It may be down to your OS. Could you tell me the error you're given if you are given one, what exactly happens during the #print leaderboard section and your OS
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, did you store every file in the above repository in a single folder? It works fine for me, but again, it doesn't seem to work perfectly on every single computer I used, which I'm investigating. It may be down to your OS. Could you tell me the error you're given if you are given one, what exactly happens during the #print leaderboard section and your OS
Yh I saved every file in the same folder, and I agree with you it may be down to the computer. Regarding the program, it just prints: ("\n=== LEADERBOARD ===\n") but doesnt actually print the leaderboard. My OS is windows.
username3314392
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yh I saved every file in the same folder, and I agree with you it may be down to the computer. Regarding the program, it just prints: ("\n=== LEADERBOARD ===\n" but doesnt actually print the leaderboard. My OS is windows.
Ah that may be why. I am using MacOS High Sierra which doesn't seem to have the problem. What's in the leaderboard CSV file? Have you tried replacing "POINTS" with actual numbers?
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah that may be why. I am using MacOS High Sierra which doesn't seem to have the problem. What's in the leaderboard CSV file? Have you tried replacing "POINTS" with actual numbers?
Yh it may be down to the os, and in the leaderboard csv file is my name and the actual points that i get when playing the game but they are not printed out at the end. And yes, points have been replaced with actual numbers
jredbart
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How's the program coming along? Any eta on when you will send it?
ManLikeMahdi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you finished it yet?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (148)
15.64%
Uncertainty around my education (155)
16.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (89)
9.41%
Isolating with family (65)
6.87%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.59%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (84)
8.88%
Loneliness (95)
10.04%
Financial worries (40)
4.23%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (86)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.77%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (86)
9.09%

Watched Threads