The Student Room Group

St George's A100 Medicine Applicants 2019

Hey! I'm thinking about applying to St. Georges this year for medicine, and haven't seen a forum yet. So i've created this one :smile:

I'm applying with a 2690, 672.5 average in UKCAT, 10 A* 1A GCSE and 4A at AS. I'm mainly applying to SGUL because i got band 4 in SJT and can't apply to KCL (:

On a side note, does anyone know how much emphasis is placed on PS during their selection?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Miri_j
Hey! I'm thinking about applying to St. Georges this year for medicine, and haven't seen a forum yet. So i've created this one :smile:

I'm applying with a 2690, 672.5 average in UKCAT, 10 A* 1A GCSE and 4A at AS. I'm mainly applying to SGUL because i got band 4 in SJT and can't apply to KCL (:

On a side note, does anyone know how much emphasis is placed on PS during their selection?

They just consider the uckat and the grades for interviews
Do SGUL rank applicants post interview using UKCAT and interview scores?
Original post by Miri_j

St George's doesn't use the personal statement when assessing applicants
Reply 4
Have a UKCAT of 2830, SJT band 3, and A*AA predictions, with 4 A*, 6 A and a C (+A* in short course)
Safe for SGUL?
Reply 5
Hey i got a 610 in my ukcat and i have 5 A* and 6 A, could i consider applying to St Georges ?
Hi guys,
UKCAT 595😐
SJ band 3
Predicted A level A*A*A
One month reasonably chosen work experience.
Any chances for St George’s?
Reply 7
Original post by solmazpiri
Hi guys,
UKCAT 595😐
SJ band 3
Predicted A level A*A*A
One month reasonably chosen work experience.
Any chances for St George’s?

They have never had a cut off that low in recent years:
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs/entry-criteria
Reply 8
Hi!
i am planning to apply but haven't done my AL yet.
can i apply with predicted AL grades??🤔
how do they take into account for UKCAT SEn? 25% extra time at GCSEs, A levels and UKCAT? do they reduce the score to bring it in line with the cohort? and what documents need to be submitted to show real medical need?
Reply 10
Original post by Mothergoose
how do they take into account for UKCAT SEn? 25% extra time at GCSEs, A levels and UKCAT? do they reduce the score to bring it in line with the cohort? and what documents need to be submitted to show real medical need?

Usually, the fact that an applicant had the extra time is considered allowance enough, and they are judged to the same standard as everyone else and their UKCAT score stands as is. Most unis state what evidence they require, but it is usually educational psychologist reports or similar
thanks they got additional 20 places from this year so i am sure they can look at more applicants.
Reply 12
Thinking of applying SGUL for 2019 undergraduate entry.
IGCSE 7A* 2B
UKCAT - 2690 SJT band 1
International applicant

do you think i have a chance for being shortlisted for interview. Anyone knows what was the cut off of academics & ukcat for international students.

good luck to all applicants.
Reply 13
Hi, do you have any guess of what the UKCAT cut off for St George’s University would be this year?
... not applyin this year but hopefully, next year... for SGUL stats are

615 in UCKAT first time (effed up the VR and got high scores in the other subsections) like VR was like 430 lmaoooo might as well have been in a coma and still would've done better don't know what happened there got about high 600s in the medify mocks..

got predicted 3 B's (my downfall hence applying next year again)

got about 1A* and 6 A's and 3B's for me GCSE's....
so yeah pretty much a bog-standard average 17-year old I might apply with mitigating circumstances because I do suffer from mild depression and anxiety as a result of having ADD but not sure how that's mitigating lmaooo
The national UKCAT average has decreased this year to 2490 which is 622.5 average. The cut off for St Georges will most likely going to reduce too in line with nationwide results however this is just pure speculation.
Reply 16
I have a a pretty low UKCAT of around 2530 band 2 but with 8A*2As at gcse 4As at AS and predicted 3A* and strong PS. Any chance of me getting an interview....?????
UKCAT: 685 Band 2
GCSEs: 8A* 2A
Precicted: 3A* (lol)
Anyone applying for St Georges for 2019 entry and submitted their UCAS. I have received UCAS acknowledgement but not from St Georges and Durham. I have received from all other uni's. Will St George's and Durham acknowledges only after the UCAS end date.
jesucristo stop showing off ramama

Latest