The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by xxheart
hello, does anyone know whether st george hold interviews overseas, or only in the uk? because they do not mention that in their website and i'm an international applicant. many thanks!

Theyhave interviews only in UK. But if its absolutely not possible to go they may do skype
Reply 41
Original post by RGaya3
Theyhave interviews only in UK. But if its absolutely not possible to go they may do skype

thank you!
Original post by FatimaBouraoui
Same im getting worried...

I'm in the same position as well. All my other uni choices have acknowledged the fact that my UCAS application has reached them, but I haven't heard anything from St Georges.
Reply 43
Got acknowledgment email from sgul today. Applied on 10th.
Original post by am25
Got acknowledgment email from sgul today. Applied on 10th.

Same
Reply 45
same
same
same do you guys think 2570 will make the cut
Original post by Blackjoker1506
I'm in the same position as well. All my other uni choices have acknowledged the fact that my UCAS application has reached them, but I haven't heard anything from St Georges.

I have now though. You???
Original post by FatimaBouraoui
I have now though. You???

Yep. It's all good.
I called them. They said that the UKCAT cut off will be published by the end of next week. The average UKCAT is 2480, it is most likely going to be higher than this.
(edited 5 years ago)
2480*
Original post by Maz123445
2480*

Lower than I thought.
I got 2570 do you think I make the cut I’m hoping for it to be 2540
Does anyone know when they will start inviting for interviews? I hope it's by the end of November because I can't stand waiting haha
I got 2570 do you think I make the cut I’m hoping for it to be 2540

Last year the cut-off was 2590, but this year's UKCAT average was much lower than last year so the SGUL UKCAT cut-off is bound to be a lot lower too. I think your score may just make it hopefully.
I hope so I missed by 20 but the average dropped by 90..... so I should be fine right
I hope so I missed by 20 but the average dropped by 90..... so I should be fine right

Yeah, in that case, I am sure you will make it. Good luck!
I don't know if anyone has said this, but here's three important things to note about St George's interveiws:

1) You have to have got above 500 in each section of the UKCAT - this means that if you got 480 in Verbal Reasoning or 420 in Decsion Making, you won't meet their requirments

2) They will release this years cut off scores some point this month (November). Until then, we can only geuss based of previous years cut off and this years UKCAT statistics.

3) Because of the number of applicants, they can't look through the individual applications and then pick you out of the rejection pile because some of your results compensate for others.

Previous Cut Off Scores vs Deciles:

Spoiler

Sorry for all the writing! Just thought it might be useful.
I've applied to SGUL, with a UKCAT score of 2700. My predicted A-Levels are AAA (Bio, Chem and Math)

Sources:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Called them again (so eager!). Please bear in mind that the cut off has not been finalised but there are some disappointing news (for those borderliners). Despite the UKCAT average decreasing this year, the average St George's applicant applied with a 2548 at UKCAT. This means that that the cut off is likely to be closer to 2600. :frown: Do check their website however for final details.
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending