The Student Room Group

Motivation is always shifting to either very high or very low affecting grades

So I have such inconsistent motivation- it’s always either so high that I’m doing 12 hours of studying and getting the job done, or so low that whenever I sit down, I focus for like 30 minutes and then I hit a slump that I cannot get out of and that’s my studying for the day, and it does not matter if I have exams coming up or anything, once I hit that slump, that is it, I’m gone for like 2 days. This is starting to really affect my grades and I don’t know how to get out of it. Any tips?
I know exactly how you feel it happens to me a lot and it’s so frustrating!! I’m in year 13 now and in yet 12, when I really couldn’t focus I would make a list of the things I need to do so I do bio chem and Spanish and I would write out what I would like to do for that day for example eg maybe a topic and then I would use the pomodoro technique and work for 25 minutes and then break 25 mins break and the key is you have to be disciplined you can’t go on your phone while that timers playing and I would keep doing this until i‘d done either the topic or sufficient amount of work. That would help when I couldn’t find the motivation xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending