What's the point of life insurance?

Watch
therandomperson
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm 18 so forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of life insurance? In many cases you don't get out the amount you paid in so why can't people just have a bank account where they save their money and direct this money to be paid to the family in their will?

I am aware that Money relating to debt can be collected from a bank account and not collected from life insurance but if this was the case why isn't life insurance primarily targeted towards people in debt?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by therandomperson)
I'm 18 so forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of life insurance? In many cases you don't get out the amount you paid in so why can't people just have a bank account where they save their money and direct this money to be paid to the family in their will?

I am aware that Money relating to debt can be collected from a bank account and not collected from life insurance but if this was the case why isn't life insurance primarily targeted towards people in debt?
Like all insurance it gives peace of mind in the event something unexpected happens then you know your family are taken care of. That has utility for a lot of people because their family can pay off the mortgage and wont be flung into debt.

If you died really quickly you could get much more than you ever put in and in many cases life insurance comes as a job benefit so you pay nothing.
AlexanderOgden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In my opinion life insurance is important for the people. I have one and I am pleased to have it.
Pro11pse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I completely agree with you. Moreover, I can say that it can be a good save for your family if you die because my father was a builder and he had life insurance and when he died we received a good amount of money which helped us a lot. I was in search of good life insurance some months ago and I came across lifeinsurancehelpdesk.com. It was a good guide which helped me to choose good insurance. Now I have one on the best conditions at the best price.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.63%
Confident (18)
12.95%
Indifferent (25)
17.99%
Unsure (37)
26.62%
Worried (47)
33.81%

Watched Threads