The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Paying Course Fees

So I applied for a student loan back in May, however due to my passport being expired I couldn't submit my evidence to Student Finance Wales so I have to wait 'till the 12th of September for me to get a paper confirming my application for renewing my passport, which SFW will accept they said. Anyhow, I just noticed that Brunel University wants me to pay one sixth of my course fees up front at registration but since I will only send in my evidence to SFW on the 13th at the earliest - I will definitely not have my loan by then. Does someone know if Brunel would be able to delay my payment until I get my loan, or am I going to be screwed? I will most definitely try to work something out but I have no idea what to do...
They want you to pay as they dont see a student loan. Normally you never see the student loan money
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
If you can, you can drive to Peterborough and get a passport same day. It may cost more, but it’s better than possibly being screwed right? I have no idea whether Brunel can wait for payment, possibly call them and ask? Also when did you apply for your student loan/passport. I am going into year 13 and have been told that you apply for student loans around March time. I also applied for my own passport during March and got my new passport two days later. It was very quick. Why is it going to take until 12th for you to get a confirmation letter?
Original post by 12doeb
If you can, you can drive to Peterborough and get a passport same day. It may cost more, but it’s better than possibly being screwed right? I have no idea whether Brunel can wait for payment, possibly call them and ask? Also when did you apply for your student loan/passport. I am going into year 13 and have been told that you apply for student loans around March time. I also applied for my own passport during March and got my new passport two days later. It was very quick. Why is it going to take until 12th for you to get a confirmation letter?

It is because I am an EU national and I needed to book an appointment with the Hungarian Embassy (my nationality), so getting a passport sooner is virtually impossible.

Original post by niteninja1
They want you to pay as they dont see a student loan. Normally you never see the student loan money

I'm not sure what you mean? I clearly stated in my details on their eVision that I'm applying for a loan to pay for my course fees.
(edited 5 years ago)
I have been living in the UK for 6 years, however.
Original post by Zerco
I'm not sure what you mean? I clearly stated in my details on their eVision that I'm applying for a loan to pay for my course fees.

Yes but evision has been unable to confirm your loan
Original post by niteninja1
Yes but evision has been unable to confirm your loan

Oh... That's not good. D: Any advice on what I should do in this situation?
I had exactly the same issue when I started university. I contacted my university and told them of my situation. They asked to see all my correspondence with SFE and that was enough to reassure them that they’ll get their money. It was almost a month after starting my course until they got their money. I just stayed in touch with the finances office as they requested and all was sorted. My advice is that you make the university aware of the issue and start your course before they get payment. They should understand and they have probably dealt with this issue before. All the best, Daniel.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by djt_kentuni
I had exactly the same issue when I started university. I contacted my university and told them of my situation. They asked to see all my correspondence with SFE and that was enough to reassure them that they’ll get their money. It was almost a month after starting my course until they got their money. I just stayed in touch with the finances office as they requested and all was sorted. My advice is that you make the university aware of the issue and start your course before they get payment. They should understand they have probably dealt with this issue before. All the best, Daniel.

Thank you so much! I will definitely do that ASAP!
Original post by Zerco
It seems that I can't find the right contact information for them. I just rang the Admissions Office and they redirected me but then the call ended after waiting 3 minutes or so. Sorry to bother but can you tell me how you contacted them?

Mine was a mixture of emails and phone calls. Around this time of year the people on the phones get all moody as they get a lot of calls. You should try emailing the admissions office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending