The Student Room Group

Am I making a mistake?!

I have chosen and been accepted to study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology A-Levels. I was hesitant about chemistry as I understand it will be really difficult but say if I made a habit of going over notes every evening and practise questions regularly...do you reckon I could do well? My GCSE combined science grade was a 7-6 and I achieved a 6 in maths ( 4 marks of a 7). Would appreciate if anyone who perhaps was in the same boat of hesitation and essentially low self-esteem as me in the past and managed to get from a GCSE 'B' grade to a high A/A* A-Level grade in chem (or the other two subjects) could offer me some advice or words of wisdom on how to achieve the best :smile:
Original post by -zay-xo
I have chosen and been accepted to study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology A-Levels. I was hesitant about chemistry as I understand it will be really difficult but say if I made a habit of going over notes every evening and practise questions regularly...do you reckon I could do well? My GCSE combined science grade was a 7-6 and I achieved a 6 in maths ( 4 marks of a 7). Would appreciate if anyone who perhaps was in the same boat of hesitation and essentially low self-esteem as me in the past and managed to get from a GCSE 'B' grade to a high A/A* A-Level grade in chem (or the other two subjects) could offer me some advice or words of wisdom on how to achieve the best :smile:

Why have you chosen these subjects and to what end?
What were your alternatives?
What course do you intend to do and what career?

Your work ethic seems good, so yes you can improve if you work hard. the key strategy will be to be well organised, consistent, tackle problem areas as they arise and practice exams. Do not fall behind.

Quick Reply

Latest