The Student Room Group

Can’t find a boy

So basically I don’t like any guys in my school or in any stuff that I do outside Of school. I’m quite popular but I don’t get invited to parties as there aren’t many in my area. So I’ve got no chance of meeting a boy... it looks like one is never gonna pop up cuz there’s no reason/ chance for them to pop up. How do I find one?!? Ps: plz don’t say “just wait for the right boy to come” because I know for a fact that isn’t gonna happen

Scroll to see replies

You're right, its not gonna happen cos you have the belief that its not gonna happen. Change your belief to it WILL happen and someone will enter your life soon enough.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You're right, its not gonna happen cos you have the belief that its not gonna happen. Change your belief to it WILL happen and someone will enter your life soon enough.

How’s it gonna happen tho if I’m not around guys and there’s no way of them entering my life?
Reply 3
Either you wait or you convince yourself that one of the guys you already know will do. Or do more stuff outside of school. How desperate are you?
Original post by Going insane
How’s it gonna happen tho if I’m not around guys and there’s no way of them entering my life?

The universe works in amazing ways :smile:
Original post by Sataris
Either you wait or you convince yourself that one of the guys you already know will do. Or do more stuff outside of school. How desperate are you?

Pretty ngl
Reply 6
Pretty ngl

It sounds a little like it :tongue: If you can't think of a SINGLE guy you'd want to date, your standards may be limiting you too much. Without a change of environment, it is indeed unlikely that anyone suitable will happen to saunter into your life - how old are you right now?
Original post by Sataris
It sounds a little like it :tongue: If you can't think of a SINGLE guy you'd want to date, your standards may be limiting you too much. Without a change of environment, it is indeed unlikely that anyone suitable will happen to saunter into your life - how old are you right now?

I’m 16
Got any cousins, OP? :wink:
Reply 9
I can’t find a girl… then I realised it’s because I need a lady.
Original post by Hateocracy
hahaha you 16 and are sad because you don't get invited to parties, wht you gonna drink there. sunny delight?

you do realize that most parties with 16 yr olds have about the same amount of alcohol and mdma as any other "real" party
Reply 11
So basically I don’t like any guys in my school or in any stuff that I do outside Of school. I’m quite popular but I don’t get invited to parties as there aren’t many in my area. So I’ve got no chance of meeting a boy... it looks like one is never gonna pop up cuz there’s no reason/ chance for them to pop up. How do I find one?!? Ps: plz don’t say “just wait for the right boy to come” because I know for a fact that isn’t gonna happen

The answer is you don’t try to find one. Just f*cking wait and it will come , do your own thang and just enjoy life being single.
Reply 12

Just have another look at your original post! It's all about "Here I am, why is no-one coming to me?"! Wrong attitude!! You're right! You're so pissed off with the guys you 'know', they have no reason to want to get connected with you! OK, if they don't float your boat, get out of your rut and look at other things you could do, where you could meet new people, and maybe meet someone you like!
And if that's too much trouble, take another look at the guys around you! I find it hard to believe that there isn't one who if you actually made an effort to get to know them properly, wouldn't be worth chatting up!
To sum up, you've got yourself in a rut - same old places, same old faces! Either get more involved in where you're at. or look elsewhere. There's absolutely no reason why anyone should come to you! Make an effort, and go and look to see what's around outside of your comfort zone!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13

Tried online dating? Maybe you should just go to public events and try and see a guy there? Idk really but ye.
hit up my dms

I can see how your situation is frustrating! I remember thinking that I’d never get married because no guys ever really caught my eye. But, I met my husband at a job we both had in college. We weren’t really looking for each other, but became really good friends while getting to know each other. Also, we NEVER know when someone random will come in to our life! You never know. Don’t give up hope, but also, just do what you like doing and live YOUR life. The right guy will come along when you are just living your life, not looking for him.
Reply 16

How much guys are in your year?

Must be at least around 100

and you don't like any of them?

Stop being so picky. It's not that you can't find a boy, you're too picky
Original post by Anonymous
hit up my dms

How is she gonna do that when you posted anonymously?!
Lol, look who's talking about being picky.
When girls approach you for a date you won't ring them back because it puts you off them because you'd prefer to do the approaching but yet you will tell girls on tsr that they should approach men.
And when girls show their interested by approaching you always forget to ask for their number or too scared to maybe.
And when girls on tsr write threads asking for a boyfriend you won't ask them out.
One girl on tsr even wrote her number on her thread but I bet you didn't even try to ring it

If you go on live streaming apps and become a broadcaster you will get lots of boys asking you out. Try these 3 live streaming apps:
Skout
Live.Me
Bigo Live

Also try approaching boys on the street, ask for the time or a particular shop then ask them if they want to go out on a date or if its easier just ask if you can have their number or try shopping malls, supermarkets, library, bus stop or anywhere but if your not brave enough to do that then live streaming apps are the easiest way I have ever seen to get a boyfriend /girlfriend, even unattractive fat women get asked out on it all the time. They have no trouble getting dates so if it's easy for them then it's going to be even easier for any girl who's attractive.

Quick Reply