This discussion is closed.
Nouf352000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,
This forum is for anyone planning on applying to Anglia Ruskin University to study Medicine for 2019 entry. Don't forget that the UCAS deadline is the 15th of October 2018 which is not very far. Last day to sit the UKCAT is the 2nd of October.
Ask questions.
Good Luck!
N.nur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!
I moved to Uk from Finland due to my moms health.
I achieved my secondary school certificate summer 2016 in Finland and after 2 weeks started collage here. I have finished A-leves now and will be taking a gap year. After hours of research I decided that I would like to apply to your medicine programme (2019 entry), however I couldn't find any indication if my grades from Finland would be accepted.
What is your policy on secondary school grades, other than GCSE?
Many thanks,
Nur
lollypenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm thinking of applying here.I have A*AABBBBBCC as Gcses- I didn't do well due to circumstances but I meet the minimum I believe.Predicted A*AA Psychology Bio and Chem Ukcat haven't took it but on road go get around 720Will I get an offer do you think?
Doctor P
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does being eligible for 1 or 2 of the WAMS criteria greatly help your application, or would you need to be eligible for lots of them.
Medicine2k18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doctor P)
Does being eligible for 1 or 2 of the WAMS criteria greatly help your application, or would you need to be eligible for lots of them.
I think on the form it states how many WAMS criteria you need to be eligible for and if you meet the least number stated then I think your offer will be ABB and it's the same for someone who meets lots of them... so, I think it doesn't really matter? but someone who lives in the region will get extra shortlisting points.
Riches
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi my son is hoping to apply for medicine for 2019 entry. He has 9A*1A1B at GCSE, predicted A*AAA A at A level. Unfortunately in the UKCAT he obtained a 630 average and 3 SJT. He is now thinking that he may not even be considered for interview. Is it still worth an application to ARU.
Amaan185
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Riches)
Hi my son is hoping to apply for medicine for 2019 entry. He has 9A*1A1B at GCSE, predicted A*AAA A at A level. Unfortunately in the UKCAT he obtained a 630 average and 3 SJT. He is now thinking that he may not even be considered for interview. Is it still worth an application to ARU.
In the "Anglia Ruskin UCAS Medicine 2018 Entry" forum post, they said they don't have a UKCAT cutoff score. So, I'm guessing 630 Average might get him an interview. If he's having doubts he should consider other uni's or consider taking the BMAT and apply somewhere like Leeds.

p.s. I also got 630 Average and a Band 3 in my UKCAT and honestly I think he'll be fine, I was told that it was likely that the UKCAT Average is going to go down this year anyway. Anyway al the best!

- Amaan.
Nouf352000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Riches)
I don't think he should worry about his average since there were students who were called in for an interview with around 2480 ukcat. It's the band mark that I'm unsure about.
Riches
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amaan185)
In the "Anglia Ruskin UCAS Medicine 2018 Entry" forum post, they said they don't have a UKCAT cutoff score. So, I'm guessing 630 Average might get him an interview. If he's having doubts he should consider other uni's or consider taking the BMAT and apply somewhere like Leeds.

p.s. I also got 630 Average and a Band 3 in my UKCAT and honestly I think he'll be fine, I was told that it was likely that the UKCAT Average is going to go down this year anyway. Anyway al the best!

- Amaan.
Thank you so much. Yes he has registered to do the BMAT exam. So we are thinking two UKCAT and two BMAT choices. I think Leeds would be a good option. He has suggested Oxford but I think the competition would be too great and it may be a wasted application .I think you have to be very strategic with your applications! I feel sorry for young people now so much pressure. I am a staff nurse and when I trained you only needed five GCSE! Now it's three A Levels for nursing! .
Sasuke-Uchiha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, everyone i want to apply here i just have a few questions. Firstly i am a graduate i just completed biomedical science and achieved a 2:1. I looked at the non-academic entry requirements and according to that i should be fine because i meet the GCSE requirements. unfortunately my grades are weak. At GCSE i got Maths B, Biology B, Chemistry B, Physics B and English C. I basically got a lot of B and a few Cs. NOT 1 A . And i did not do A-levels (was not allowed to) i did a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in applied sciences with terrible grades, because my college would not mark are merit and distinction work, i got Merit, Pass, Pass. My ukcat is 650 average and Band 2 am i competitive do you think? Also on the site i found a link to fill out on application online directly to the medical school at the university, does this mean i do not have to use one of my ucas choices.

Kind regards,
Sasuke
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all

To clarify details for ARU, while we include the UKCAT score within our selection process, we do not have a standard cut off value. Applicants will be ranked by their UKCAT score and a certain number will be invited to an Interview Day, provided they meet our main academic entry requirements. Applicants with an SJT score of Band 4 (lowest band) will not be invited for interview for September 2019 entry onwards.

Please note that the UKCAT score of those applicants invited to interview is expected to vary year on year, and as such, it is not possible to give applicants an indication of the score that is required to attend an Interview Day.

Best wishes
Emma
Oves
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just want thDid people actually got interviewed with UKCAT of 2480?

I am currently a post grade. perdicted a 2.1
alevel BCC. biochem and maths
UKcat score 2510 band 2

Any hope?. i don't want to get in i just want the interview experience
Rielle90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oves)
I just want thDid people actually got interviewed with UKCAT of 2480?I am currently a post grade. perdicted a 2.1alevel BCC. biochem and mathsUKcat score 2510 band 2Any hope?. i don't want to get in i just want the interview experience
Hi,I’m currently on the course at ARU and my Ukcat score was 2480 band 1. Achieved a 2.1 in biochemistry
Oves
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you don't mind me asking, how are you finding it so far and how are you self funding it?
Mothergoose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Very low UKCAT at 2390 should I apply? A*AA predicted and 8A* at gcses
amegiraffe182
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

Do you accept IGCSEs?
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nouf352000)
I don't think he should worry about his average since there were students who were called in for an interview with around 2480 ukcat. It's the band mark that I'm unsure about.
sheeshhhh couldnt apply anyway got me 615 score hahaa.. do ARU do clearing???
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mothergoose)
Very low UKCAT at 2390 should I apply? A*AA predicted and 8A* at gcses
You're better off applying to GCSE heavy universities like Cardiff or Birmingham.
ARU seem to have a cut off so no matter how good your other stats are, if you're below that cut off they won't even look at your application.
Mothergoose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
You're better off applying to GCSE heavy universities like Cardiff or Birmingham.
ARU seem to have a cut off so no matter how good your other stats are, if you're below that cut off they won't even look at your application.
Indeed! Thanks
Rielle90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah that’s fine.
I worked for a bit during the year, using maintenance loan and my parents.

In regards to the course - It’s going okay so far. So we’ve started our principles block (more of intro lectures to lay the foundation before we start learning the different systems). Placements start next month as well - looking forward to that too.

(Original post by Oves)If you don't mind me asking, how are you finding it so far and how are you self funding it?
(Original post by Rielle90)
Hi,I’m currently on the course at ARU and my Ukcat score was 2480 band 1. Achieved a 2.1 in biochemistry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8.06%
Confident (55)
13.03%
Indifferent (59)
13.98%
Unsure (109)
25.83%
Worried (165)
39.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise