Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    This forum is for anyone planning on applying to Anglia Ruskin University to study Medicine for 2019 entry. Don't forget that the UCAS deadline is the 15th of October 2018 which is not very far. Last day to sit the UKCAT is the 2nd of October.
    Ask questions.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I moved to Uk from Finland due to my moms health.
    I achieved my secondary school certificate summer 2016 in Finland and after 2 weeks started collage here. I have finished A-leves now and will be taking a gap year. After hours of research I decided that I would like to apply to your medicine programme (2019 entry), however I couldn't find any indication if my grades from Finland would be accepted.
    What is your policy on secondary school grades, other than GCSE?
    Many thanks,
    Nur

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm thinking of applying here.I have A*AABBBBBCC as Gcses- I didn't do well due to circumstances but I meet the minimum I believe.Predicted A*AA Psychology Bio and Chem Ukcat haven't took it but on road go get around 720Will I get an offer do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi my son is hoping to apply for medicine for 2019 entry. He has 9A*1A1B at GCSE, predicted A*AAA A at A level. Unfortunately in the UKCAT he obtained a 630 average and 3 SJT. He is now thinking that he may not even be considered for interview. Is it still worth an application to ARU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riches)
    Hi my son is hoping to apply for medicine for 2019 entry. He has 9A*1A1B at GCSE, predicted A*AAA A at A level. Unfortunately in the UKCAT he obtained a 630 average and 3 SJT. He is now thinking that he may not even be considered for interview. Is it still worth an application to ARU.
    In the "Anglia Ruskin UCAS Medicine 2018 Entry" forum post, they said they don't have a UKCAT cutoff score. So, I'm guessing 630 Average might get him an interview. If he's having doubts he should consider other uni's or consider taking the BMAT and apply somewhere like Leeds.

p.s. I also got 630 Average and a Band 3 in my UKCAT and honestly I think he'll be fine, I was told that it was likely that the UKCAT Average is going to go down this year anyway. Anyway al the best!

- Amaan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riches)
    I don't think he should worry about his average since there were students who were called in for an interview with around 2480 ukcat. It's the band mark that I'm unsure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaan185)
    In the "Anglia Ruskin UCAS Medicine 2018 Entry" forum post, they said they don't have a UKCAT cutoff score. So, I'm guessing 630 Average might get him an interview. If he's having doubts he should consider other uni's or consider taking the BMAT and apply somewhere like Leeds.

p.s. I also got 630 Average and a Band 3 in my UKCAT and honestly I think he'll be fine, I was told that it was likely that the UKCAT Average is going to go down this year anyway. Anyway al the best!

- Amaan.
    Thank you so much. Yes he has registered to do the BMAT exam. So we are thinking two UKCAT and two BMAT choices. I think Leeds would be a good option. He has suggested Oxford but I think the competition would be too great and it may be a wasted application .I think you have to be very strategic with your applications! I feel sorry for young people now so much pressure. I am a staff nurse and when I trained you only needed five GCSE! Now it's three A Levels for nursing! .

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone i want to apply here i just have a few questions. Firstly i am a graduate i just completed biomedical science and achieved a 2:1. I looked at the non-academic entry requirements and according to that i should be fine because i meet the GCSE requirements. unfortunately my grades are weak. At GCSE i got Maths B, Biology B, Chemistry B, Physics B and English C. I basically got a lot of B and a few Cs. NOT 1 A . And i did not do A-levels (was not allowed to) i did a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in applied sciences with terrible grades, because my college would not mark are merit and distinction work, i got Merit, Pass, Pass. My ukcat is 650 average and Band 2 am i competitive do you think? Also on the site i found a link to fill out on application online directly to the medical school at the university, does this mean i do not have to use one of my ucas choices.

Kind regards,
    Sasuke
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi all

To clarify details for ARU, while we include the UKCAT score within our selection process, we do not have a standard cut off value. Applicants will be ranked by their UKCAT score and a certain number will be invited to an Interview Day, provided they meet our main academic entry requirements. Applicants with an SJT score of Band 4 (lowest band) will not be invited for interview for September 2019 entry onwards.

Please note that the UKCAT score of those applicants invited to interview is expected to vary year on year, and as such, it is not possible to give applicants an indication of the score that is required to attend an Interview Day.

Best wishes
    Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Do you accept IGCSEs?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouf352000)
    I don't think he should worry about his average since there were students who were called in for an interview with around 2480 ukcat. It's the band mark that I'm unsure about.
    sheeshhhh couldnt apply anyway got me 615 score hahaa.. do ARU do clearing???

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if my GCSES are a fall back. My school did 8 GCSES (5A*,3As). I have A level predictions of A*AA, and I have 702.5 on my UKCAT Band 3. I want to apply for ARU for my fallback option.

Also will my friend be eligible. She also did 8 GCSES (4A*,4As). A level prediction A*AA, and UKCAT avg. 635 and SJT band 3.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi tangoboy456,

You will find full entry requirements listed for this course on our website here
    https://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine
    In terms of GCSE's you would need a minimum of 5 at grade A-C (9-4), including English Language, Maths and 2 Science subjects.
    We don't have a cut off for the UKCAT score as we rank the scores of applicants but please note that we don't invite applicants who have a band 4 SJT.
    I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Nigel.

ReputationRep:
    How many places do Anglia Ruskin have for medicine for the 2019 entry? Also, how disadvantaged would I be if I applied to ARU as someone who does not reside/or attend school in the East of England region/Essex (I am from the East Midlands region).
    Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ExamPro12)
    How many places do Anglia Ruskin have for medicine for the 2019 entry? Also, how disadvantaged would I be if I applied to ARU as someone who does not reside/or attend school in the East of England region/Essex (I am from the East Midlands region).
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    We have 100 places available for entry in September 2019. We do give a small weighting to applicants from the East of England and a slightly larger one to applicants from Essex but I would still encourage you to make an application. You can see full entry requirements and details of our selection process here https://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine
    Nigel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARUCourseEnquiries)
    Hi,
    We have 100 places available for entry in September 2019. We do give a small weighting to applicants from the East of England and a slightly larger one to applicants from Essex but I would still encourage you to make an application. You can see full entry requirements and details of our selection process here https://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine
    Nigel.
    hi does a WP flags compensate for a low ukcat ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Nigel.
    Hi,
    How many applicants do you intend to invite to interview for 2019 entry?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Nigel.
    Hi,

If you received a significant amount of application from Essex, would this mean that those from outside Essex are not likely to get in? How is the weighting used, is it based on academics, UKCAT, work experience/volunteering?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Researcher112)
    Hi,
    How many applicants do you intend to invite to interview for 2019 entry?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    We are planning on inviting approximately 500-600 to interview for 2019 entry.
    Nigel.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tangoboy456)
    Hi,

If you received a significant amount of application from Essex, would this mean that those from outside Essex are not likely to get in? How is the weighting used, is it based on academics, UKCAT, work experience/volunteering?
    Hello,

We add 1% onto UKCAT scores for people from the East of England and 2% onto applicants scores from Essex.
    I hope this helps.
    Nigel.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2018

University open days

• Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Explore ARU and get a feel for what it's really like to study with us Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.