Are graduates not eligible for WAMs ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ibs00786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CocoaIzzy)
Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from ARU?
Yep
Siaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Goldiepop)
I have
Yes, I have
Fatima20000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi
I have received confirmation that I am accepted for WHAMS scheme criteria and this will give me a reduced offer ABB. I am currently in a gap year and I have achieved grades AAB in August 2018. So if I have been shortlisted for MMI interview and pass it, will I receive an unconditional offer, please?
Additionally, how many students will be accepted through WHAMS, please from the 100?
Siaa
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
May I please know that WHAMS priority will be given only for shortlisting candidates for the interview invite only or
the WHAMS candidates will go a step further earning advantage over others during interview/ selection also?
ExamPro12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fatima20000)
Hi
I have received confirmation that I am accepted for WHAMS scheme criteria and this will give me a reduced offer ABB. I am currently in a gap year and I have achieved grades AAB in August 2018. So if I have been shortlisted for MMI interview and pass it, will I receive an unconditional offer, please?
Additionally, how many students will be accepted through WHAMS, please from the 100?
I'm not sure on the criteria for WAMS, but given your current conditions I reckon you will be eligible for an unconditional offer post-interview!
tangoboy456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey,

I applied for Anglia Ruskin medicine too. I also emailed Anglia Ruskin about my eligibility for WAMS, but haven’t got a reply. Has any one else got a reply? And if so which email did you send it too. I sent it to admissions-schoolsofmedicine...

I’m really worried because I was sent the email on the 16th and I only have 14 days to reply with the completed document.

Any help will be appreciated.
ARUCourseEnquiries
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
I am sorry you haven't had a reply from the School of Medicine yet, they currently have a high volume of emails but you should have a reply soon. Please note that we automatically check every WAMS applicant's returned form to see if they meet criteria 9, 10 and 11 so you can return the form back before recieving a reply.
I hope this helps but if you have any other questions please call us on 01245 6586868.
Nigel.
Maz123445
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ARUCourseEnquiries)
Hello,
[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]
I didn't send a WAMS application because because I don't qualify my application would still be considered right?
ARUCourseEnquiries
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
Yes, if you don't meet any WAMS criteria there is no need to complete and return the form - it will not affect your application.
Nigel.
Faz2154
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
Yes, if you don't meet any WAMS criteria there is no need to complete and return the form - it will not affect your application.
Nigel.
Is there any point ticking multiple criteria if I meet 5 or should I just tick 1 and send it off? Because I'm really confused about how to show proof for the household income criteria and that my parents didn't go to university. I have the postcode, high school and young carer criteria though.
Fatima20000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]
Hi Nigel

If meet the criteria for WHAMS, does this mean a guaranteed interview?

If not, how does the admission team assess the applications and the successful application is based on what please?
ARUCourseEnquiries
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Nigel

If meet the criteria for WHAMS, does this mean a guaranteed interview?

If not, how does the admission team assess the applications and the successful application is based on what please?
Hello,
I'm sorry but meeting the WAMS criteria does not guarantee an interview. You will be assessed in the same way as other applicants but any offer that we make will be reduced to ABB (your predicted grades would need to also be ABB).
Please click on "the selection process" tab in the following link for further details
https://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine
Nigel.
Fatima20000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
I'm sorry but meeting the WAMS criteria does not guarantee an interview. You will be assessed in the same way as other applicants but any offer that we make will be reduced to ABB (your predicted grades would need to also be ABB).
Please click on "the selection process" tab in the following link for further details
Nigel.
Thanks Nigel
But I have already achieved my A-level grades (AABB) and received email confirmed that I meet the WHAMS criteria. So if I Have been shortlisted for interview and if i pass it, Will I receive Unconditional offer please?
Last edited by Fatima20000; 2 months ago
Fatima20000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,
Nigel.
Thanks Nigel
But I have already achieved my A-level grades (AABB) and received email confirmed that I meet the WHAMS criteria. So If I Have been shortlisted for interview and If I pass it, Will I receive Unconditional offer please?
Fatima20000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks Nigel
But I have already achieved my A-level grades (AABB) and received email confirmed that I meet the WHAMS criteria. So if I Have been shortlisted for interview and If I pass it, Will I receive Unconditional offer please?
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccc
ARUCourseEnquiries
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks Nigel
But I have already achieved my A-level grades (AABB) and received email confirmed that I meet the WHAMS criteria. So If I Have been shortlisted for interview and If I pass it, Will I receive Unconditional offer please?
Hi,
Your application will go through the same process as all other applicants. We will rank your UKCAT score, if shortlisted you will be invited to interview and if succesful at interview you will recieve an offer. If you already meet the academic entry requirements then your offer will be unconditional once you meet the non-academic conditions such as satisfactory DBS, Occupational Health, right to study in UK and professional behaviour and fitness to practise.
Nigel.
imran234
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi urgent question, i applied here for biomed as a 5th choice as i want to do medicine. They sent me an email asking me to send them a updated personal statement for biomed specifically. I have done this too, sent it last week. When do you think i should expect a reply from them saying if i got an offer for biomed or not?
ExamPro12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Faz2154)
Is there any point ticking multiple criteria if I meet 5 or should I just tick 1 and send it off? Because I'm really confused about how to show proof for the household income criteria and that my parents didn't go to university. I have the postcode, high school and young carer criteria though.
What sort of evidence did you give to show proof that your parents didn't attend university. I'm in this same situation and I am confused on what I need to do.
Maz123445
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
When can we expect invites to interview ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.74%
Leave (347)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed