16+ Oyster Card Scam/Fraud??? Watch

Anonymous #7
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi did you receive a letter in the end?
Na luckily I haven't got it yet but my friend got the letter 3 weeks ago. She didn't reply within 10 days and nothing has happened so we should be ok.
Anonymous #8
Report 1 month ago
Na luckily I haven't got it yet but my friend got the letter 3 weeks ago. She didn't reply within 10 days and nothing has happened so we should be ok.
its gonna take more den 3 weeks for a reply the IAP department in tfl only have occasional meetings like once a month or two
Anonymous #11
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the reply. How long after your friend's card stopped working did she receive the letter? Also, what did it say?

(Original post by Anonymous)Na luckily I haven't got it yet but my friend got the letter 3 weeks ago. She didn't reply within 10 days and nothing has happened so we should be ok.
Anonymous #11
Report 1 month ago
Also, how long had your friend had the card for?

(Original post by Anonymous)Hi I am in the exact same situation as you and I am absolutely ******** myself. My oyster has stopped working but I was never stopped by an inspector. I also have an 18+ oyster with the same picture however the 16+ does not have my middle name. My friend has just received a letter from TFL asking to provide proof of age. The letter also says they can either accept the offence and explain why they should not be prosecuted or they can deny the offence and provide evidence.

I just know I will receive the letter sooner or later since we both got our oysters from the same guy. What do you think I should do if (or when) I receive this letter? I really can't afford to pay a £1k fine (student loan will be non existent) but if it means I won't get prosecuted then i dont mind.
Anonymous #11
Report 1 month ago
How long does it take to receive the letter after your card stops working?

(Original post by Anonymous)- Most of the people that I know who had been caught by a ticket inspector for using a fake 16+ Oyster and they were all fined £1000 on the spot. You either pay the fine within 28 days or you go to prison for 6 months + Criminal record (FRAUDULENT).

- For those who had not been caught by an ticket inspector, but has the card stopped working as you tap it, ( LIKE MY SELF, WHICH MINE STOPPED WORKING 3 DAYS AGO) you’ll either get a letter from TFL Explaining why they stopped it and possibly a fine up to £1000 within 14 days.

(I KNOW THIS BECAUSE MY FRIEND WORKS FOR TFL)

Any questions let me know?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
On a another discussion on the same website relating to the Oyster card. One person had they Oyster card stopped like most people who Oyster card has been stopped working. The next couple of weeks that individual had letter sent to the house he/she didn’t reply to the letter six months later after investigation he got a letter stating they are taking he/she to court for fraud. Now I believe this warning if you don’t reply to the letter but each circumstances is different and some might get away others don’t.

Now my question instead of going through this long process why can’t TFL or whoever deals with this gives everyone a fine? then if you don’t pay for the fine in agreed arrangement or within certain amount of days then yeah they can go through the court process.
Anonymous #8
Report 1 month ago
On a another discussion on the same website relating to the Oyster card. One person had they Oyster card stopped like most people who Oyster card has been stopped working. The next couple of weeks that individual had letter sent to the house he/she didn’t reply to the letter six months later after investigation he got a letter stating they are taking he/she to court for fraud. Now I believe this warning if you don’t reply to the letter but each circumstances is different and some might get away others don’t.

Now my question instead of going through this long process why can’t TFL or whoever deals with this gives everyone a fine? then if you don’t pay for the fine in agreed arrangement or within certain amount of days then yeah they can go through the court process.
That’s his or her fault for not replying they didn’t get to stand up to defend themselves so by ‘not replying’ it’s deemed as they are pleading guilty therefore they have a right to be taken to court
Also can u send me a link to this other discussion plz thanks
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5707382
Mohamed9710
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Where did he find that guy? I would like to make one as well Let me know please🙏🏻🙏🏻
Anonymous #7
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mohamed9710)
Where did he find that guy? I would like to make one as well Let me know please🙏🏻🙏🏻
lol trust me you don't mate, everyone who did got clocked and the card doesn't work anymore so it's a waste of money. Just pay normal price g.
Anonymous #13
Report 3 weeks ago
What happened?? I have a 16+ like that but it stopped working saying card stopped so I think ive been clocked and im ******** myself ffs I burned the cars but I'm scared imma get a 1k fine
any updates? did it just stop working or did you get a fine?
Anonymous #13
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tinkerbellwicked)
same thing happened to my friend this morning. She got it one of them false Instagram 16 Oyster card pages. When she tapped, it bleeped red and it says “card stopped”. I’m not too sure what happens - heard a mixture of different things such as 1) you’ll get a criminal record, you’ll have to go jail 2) you have to pay a fine either 40-80 pounds or 1K 3) or apparently you don’t get a letter or nothing. I’m not too sure. If anyone’s card has stopped, what has happened? Have you rececived l
so what happened did she get a fine or noy
lauragonzalez
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, can you tell what finally happened to your friend and how he got caught? Thanks
lauragonzalez
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, can you tell what happened finally to your friend? and how he got caught? thanks!
Anonymous #10
Report 2 weeks ago
Lool, is this conversation still going on.

If your card was disabled, you are not recieving a fine or letter.
If you were caught by a staff member and they asked for your details then yes you probably will get some letter.

No one has been fined 1000£ or anything like that.
The only people getting fined were those caught by a TFL Staff member.
Trust me, relax people.
Liveita
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
U are sooo ryt if ur card was disabled dnt worry but if u wr caught like me 😡 Yh u are in hot soup
Anonymous #2
Report 1 day ago
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads...uences.177733/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads