Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am looking at my timetable for my modules and I noticed that underneath the name it will say Workshop or lecture etc. My questions is what is a workshop class and a pc class? My intro to programming class has three lecture classes and then a class that is called pc, what does that mean? Also there are two classes that overlap, I have the intro to programming pc class that goes from 16:00- 18:00 but at 17:00- 18:00 i have a seminar class. Are they both required attendance, how will I be able to go to both of them?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by KatyKapsner)
    So I am looking at my timetable for my modules and I noticed that underneath the name it will say Workshop or lecture etc. My questions is what is a workshop class and a pc class? My intro to programming class has three lecture classes and then a class that is called pc, what does that mean? Also there are two classes that overlap, I have the intro to programming pc class that goes from 16:00- 18:00 but at 17:00- 18:00 i have a seminar class. Are they both required attendance, how will I be able to go to both of them?
    Hi KatyKapsner,

What course will you be studying?

I would recommend getting in touch with your department to let them know about the overlap.

Susana

ReputationRep:
    Media arts/ digital media culture and technology
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi KatyKapsner,

I do apologise in the delay in getting back to you. I've emailed the Department of Computer Science for you and will let you know once they have clarified the difference in classes.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Susana
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi KatyKapsner,

The Department of Computer Science has come back to me and has informed me that the session marked "PC" is just to note that it will be taking place in a computer lab.

The workshop is a class run by the Department of Media Arts and is a practical class where you'll work to develop the theory you learn in a practical setting.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Susana

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2018
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.