The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - Undergraduate Applicants 2019

Hi everyone! :hello:

This is a place to chat to others considering UWE Bristol for September 2019 entry, and ask each other questions during the application process.

Feel free to let everyone know your name, the course/s you're interested in and other universities that you might be considering.

Happy for you to fire any specific questions about the university my way :smile:

Happy chatting!

Lois

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm currently studying Spanish, History and Geography at A-Levels with predicted grades ABB. I'm definitely applying to UWE, in fact considering applying for 2 courses at UWE - Politics & IR and Politics & IR (with Foundation) as an insurance choice, do you know if it's possible to apply for both?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Anyone planning on studying photography in 2019 here?
Reply 3
Original post by gibbo464
Hi! I'm currently studying Spanish, History and Geography at A-Levels with predicted grades ABB. I'm definitely applying to UWE, in fact considering applying for 2 courses at UWE - Politics & IR and Politics & IR (with Foundation) as an insurance choice, do you know if it's possible to apply for both?

Hi @gibbo464,

It's so great that you're considering coming to study at UWE Bristol! :biggrin:

It is possible to apply for more than one course at the same university through UCAS, and it's up to you whether you want to do this as part of your application.

This is a great question about your personal application to ask at an open day when you are able to meet the programme leader face-to-face - we have some coming up on the 6th October and 17th November, it would be great to see you!

If you have any other questions specific to your application, please get in touch with Admissions on +44 (0)117 32 83333 or the programme leader - you can find their details from the course listing page, or I can PM them to you :smile:

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Lois
Reply 4
Thank you! I’ve sent my application now for two courses at UWE and I’m super excited☺️do you know when UWE downloads the UCAS applications?
Hi. I am currently studying physics, chemistry, maths, English and information technology (IT) in A level (cie).

I would like to apply for computer science.

what are the entry requirements of anyone knows?

thank you 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by gibbo464
Thank you! I’ve sent my application now for two courses at UWE and I’m super excited☺️do you know when UWE downloads the UCAS applications?

Great to hear that you've sent off your applications, best of luck!

You will know when we receive your application from UCAS, as you should receive an acknowledgement email and login details to your own UWE Welcome website, where you can track your application.

After you've received your acknowledgement email, we aim to notify you of a decision or an update within 14 days.

Hope that helps!

Lois
Reply 7
Original post by Ankitaaa
Hi. I am currently studying physics, chemistry, maths, English and information technology (IT) in A level (cie).

I would like to apply for computer science.

what are the entry requirements of anyone knows?

thank you 🙂

Hi @Ankitaaa,

So pleased to hear that you're considering applying to UWE Bristol!

The entry requirements for BSc(Hons) Computer Science are as follows:

- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: For all applicants, Grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. Please note the University does not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required. You can include points from A-Level General Studies and AS-Level subjects (not taken onto full A-Level) towards overall tariff. You must have at least two A-Levels.

We also provide this course with a Foundation year, which requires 72 UCAS Tariff points.

I hope that helps! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

We have a couple of open days coming up - on the 6th October (this Saturday) and 17th November. This is a great opportunity to see the university and talk to the course leader - you can register here. :h:

Best wishes,

Lois
Reply 8
Original post by Pnblk
Is Bristol diverse

Hi @Pnblk,

Bristol is known for being a diverse city. There is so much to do across Bristol, and a very different 'feel' to various areas. As a couple of examples, Clifton is famous for the suspension bridge and its beautiful Georgian terraces, whereas Stokes Croft is known for its artistic graffiti and nightlife. Throughout the year, there are many different events which are fantastic to attend and I think they represent and celebrate the diverse population of Bristol. For example, this summer we had St. Paul's Carnival, Pride, Bristol Harbour Festival and the International Balloon Fiesta - just to name a few! I really think it's true when people say that there's something for everyone here, no matter what your interests are. It's no wonder that Bristol was voted the best place to live in 2017 by the Sunday Times.

As a university, we believe strongly in equality and diversity, as outlined in our Single Equality Scheme, which demonstrates our commitment to support, learning and a positive experience for all.

I hope that's answered your question - please let me know if you have anything else to ask about the city or UWE Bristol.

Best wishes,

Lois
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi @Ankitaaa,

So pleased to hear that you're considering applying to UWE Bristol!

The entry requirements for BSc(Hons) Computer Science are as follows:

- Tariff points: 120
- GCSE: For all applicants, Grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. Please note the University does not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required. You can include points from A-Level General Studies and AS-Level subjects (not taken onto full A-Level) towards overall tariff. You must have at least two A-Levels.

We also provide this course with a Foundation year, which requires 72 UCAS Tariff points.

I hope that helps! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

We have a couple of open days coming up - on the 6th October (this Saturday) and 17th November. This is a great opportunity to see the university and talk to the course leader - you can register here. :h:

Best wishes,

Lois

Hi,
thanks for replying!
I calculated my UCAS score which was around 86.
I was in an Indian board until my 10Grade. i later shifted to A-level (cie).
Am I eligible?
Original post by Ankitaaa
Hi,
thanks for replying!
I calculated my UCAS score which was around 86.
I was in an Indian board until my 10Grade. i later shifted to A-level (cie).
Am I eligible?

Hi @Ankitaaa,

If you are still studying your A-levels, please take into consideration your predicated grades as well as any grades that you have already received when calculating your UCAS tariff points. This tariff calculator from UCAS should hopefully help!

If you are unsure about eligibility, then please get in touch with our Admissions team who will be able to help - email: [email protected] , telephone: +44 (0)117 32 83333.

Hope that helps.

Lois
Hi,

I have applied to study Midwifery and i recieved my log in details for UWE today. Anxiously waiting to see if i have an interview. I submitted my application 10th September so it's been a long old month!
Original post by DanMacDonald_
Hi,

I have applied to study Midwifery and i recieved my log in details for UWE today. Anxiously waiting to see if i have an interview. I submitted my application 10th September so it's been a long old month!

Hi @DanMacDonald_,

That's great that you've received your login details - from there you should be able to track your application.

If you have any specific questions about your application then please get in touch with admissions - email: [email protected], telephone: +44 (0)117 32 83333.

Best of luck!

Lois
I've got a conditional offer for the msci in forensic science at Bristol UWE. Can anyone tell me if there are good employment opportunities after completing this course? I've got an unconditional from Keele but I do like the course content at Bristol more.

I'm really worried about making UWE my first choice as they haven't given me an unconditional. Not sure what to do.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rain.ahmed
I've got a conditional offer for the msci in forensic science at Bristol UWE. Can anyone tell me if there are good employment opportunities after completing this course? I've got an unconditional from Keele but I do like the course content at Bristol more.

I'm really worried about making UWE my first choice as they haven't given me an unconditional. Not sure what to do.

Hi @rain.ahmed,

That's really exciting, great to hear that your applications are going so well. And that sounds like such an interesting course!

It seems that you've considered lots of different factors when considering your universities, which is really great to see.

Unistats shows that 90% of students that do this course are in employment or further study within 6 months after completing this specific course. Hope that answers your question!

I understand your concern over your choices, however I think it's worth mentioning that the majority of offers that are given are still conditional, so you're in the same boat as a lot of your peers and going through the regular UCAS application process. According to UCAS, 7.1% of offers given for recruitment this September were unconditonal, which is quite a small amount when you think about it - especially when you consider that a lot of those people may have taken a gap year or be mature students and therefore already have their results.

If you feel as though you can meet your predicted grades, then I am sure you'll be fine and hopefully we'll be seeing you here next September! But if you're still concerned, maybe have a chat with a uni adviser at your college/sixth form?

Have you been to one of our open days to take a look at the campus? We have another one coming up on the 17th November.

I hope that helps :h:

Lois
I've applied for the same course as you! I sent my from off a week or so ago.. how quickly did they get back to you
I've applied for the same course as you! I sent my from off a week or so ago.. how quickly did they get back to you ? also what were ur grades
Original post by katiemartin242
I've applied for the same course as you! I sent my from off a week or so ago.. how quickly did they get back to you ? also what were ur grades

My predicted grades are AAA, they gave me an offer 5 days after I sent my UCAS.
Hiii,

Has anyone been to this university? Or thinking of going? I’m hoping to go next year! Any advice on which campus is best?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by OhHoney_
Hi,

Hi,
I have applied to study Adult Nursing and I got an interview (I applied on the 10th and got the interview on the 11th) so I doubt you have a long time to wait. I really hope you get in x

Quick Reply