Want more information about this university?
SamanthaJane5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, hoping for some first hand advice

I'm starting my PGCE this week. I have a young son so want to spend as little time commuting as possible. To take public transport it is going to cost a fortune and take about 2 hours or there abouts by the time I've waited for transfers, walked from the station etc. It's about an hours drive so ideally I'd like to just drive in.

But I see parking is almost none existent. Has anyone driven and can advise on how and where they parked? Thanks!
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SamanthaJane5)
Hello, hoping for some first hand advice

I'm starting my PGCE this week. I have a young son so want to spend as little time commuting as possible. To take public transport it is going to cost a fortune and take about 2 hours or there abouts by the time I've waited for transfers, walked from the station etc. It's about an hours drive so ideally I'd like to just drive in.

But I see parking is almost none existent. Has anyone driven and can advise on how and where they parked? Thanks!
It's not personal experience but I have just finished a 4 year degree at MMU and a lot of my coursemates commuted by car - they used to park on pay and display spaces in the streets around the building. They had to go out and move their cars every 3 hours which was the limit for on street parking.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's the city centre, parking is going to be a pain because they aim to discourage using cars in the city centre- and will continue to do so. Any time I've been with someone parking around there is just been a case of going up and down surrounding streets until you find a space. There's a NCP car park on Hulme/Cambridge Streets. The retail park with Asda will give you a few hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads