Starting DE100 in October, Tips for Essay Planning and Notes?

Watch
ConfusedLemming
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As the title says i'm starting DE100 in October. It will be the second module on the course i'm taking.

In my previous module DD103 (Intro to social sciences) my feedback was usually to put more detail in and examples. However i feel like i often have to delete chunks to fit in the word count (even with the allowed 10%). I'm wondering if any of you have experience with this sort of problem? I feel like i'm too focused on googling and expanding my knowledge and not focusing enough on the course materials..therefore maybe missing a few marks. Anyone got Essay Plan tips?

Is there some sort of specification that's available to students to see what to focus on, other than the assignment booklet?

How far ahead of the deadline do you guys start? I'm a serial procrastinator.

Tips on taking notes for revision/essay planning? I seem to copy the whole textbook!!
JollyCynic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't have anything specific, but always be aware of your learning outcomes/objectives. Ideally, the assignment questions will be designed to test how well you've learned the things the module is supposed to teach, which is laid out for you in the learning objectives and outcomes.
SuperCat007
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ConfusedLemming)
As the title says i'm starting DE100 in October. It will be the second module on the course i'm taking.

In my previous module DD103 (Intro to social sciences) my feedback was usually to put more detail in and examples. However i feel like i often have to delete chunks to fit in the word count (even with the allowed 10%). I'm wondering if any of you have experience with this sort of problem? I feel like i'm too focused on googling and expanding my knowledge and not focusing enough on the course materials..therefore maybe missing a few marks. Anyone got Essay Plan tips?

Is there some sort of specification that's available to students to see what to focus on, other than the assignment booklet?

How far ahead of the deadline do you guys start? I'm a serial procrastinator.

Tips on taking notes for revision/essay planning? I seem to copy the whole textbook!!
Well at L1, unless told to you shouldn't be deviating from the course materials.

Look at the LO's for the section being assessed and compare with what the TMA is assessing in the objectives. More importantly ask your tutor, they should be able to help.

A copy of the Good Study Guide might also help. I didn't ever read it in full, but just skimmed bits and it was useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads