Does anyone else feel fed up with their degree and university? Watch

Rachael-Ilse
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am a third year student (still) in biology at a university that holds itself in high regard and I have to say, my experience at this university has not been what I was hoping for at all.

I have generally enjoyed parts of my course over the three years but have mostly found it to be such a massive struggle and I am exhausted from it. I ended up deferring my finals from May until August due to mental health problems and I have gotten through them but I am pretty sure I have failed a couple of them. I am now at the point where I am wondering what I have done with my life for the past three years. I started my degree with hopes and aspirations and this has been gradually torn down. I did not enjoy being at my university that much but carried on to finish it.

This has just surprised me as this was sold to me as an amazing opportunity. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way? I feel alone in thinking like this.

I am thinking about transferring my credits to OU to finish my degree, this style of learning there seems better suited to me.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rachael-Ilse)
I am a third year student (still) in biology at a university that holds itself in high regard and I have to say, my experience at this university has not been what I was hoping for at all.

I have generally enjoyed parts of my course over the three years but have mostly found it to be such a massive struggle and I am exhausted from it. I ended up deferring my finals from May until August due to mental health problems and I have gotten through them but I am pretty sure I have failed a couple of them. I am now at the point where I am wondering what I have done with my life for the past three years. I started my degree with hopes and aspirations and this has been gradually torn down. I did not enjoy being at my university that much but carried on to finish it.

This has just surprised me as this was sold to me as an amazing opportunity. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way? I feel alone in thinking like this.

I am thinking about transferring my credits to OU to finish my degree, this style of learning there seems better suited to me.
If you degree grade is heading down the toilet, then drop out and either do a top up or transfer. Saving your degree class is more important. Uni sometimes isnt a great experience for a lot of people but you can think about that later.

If worried do a second degree elsewhere but at the moment imo its damage limitation and rescuing your grade.

You can turn things round in 3rd year, bt really most people are interested in studies and continuing their set uni life.
agrajaag
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm in a similar position. About to enter 3rd year and I cannot stand my uni. I enjoy my subject at least, but I can't face the thought of going back in a few weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%