The Student Room Group

In shape but have stretch marks- thoughts?

So I am a size 8- I have a small waist, hourglass figure and flat stomach plus a decently sized butt. However, I have some small stretchmarks on my shoulders and breasts and some large horizontal ones on my lower back. I also have some silvery vertical ones on top of my hips. This is probably because I was a fat kid when I was younger.

I am often told I have a great body now but I am afraid to wear crop tops and bikinis because of the large horizonal silvery gold stripes on my lower back. I know they are somewhat noticeable but.. do people care? Does it make me less attractive?

Also, I have some newish purple stretch marks on my sides and they are ugly- how do I get them to fade?
im ‘petite’ but I’ve got stretch marks on my upper thighs(sudden weight gain)...they look like teeny tiny lightening bolts😂😂

Everyone has them it’s natural
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
im ‘petite’ but I’ve got stretch marks on my upper thighs(sudden weight gain)...they look like teeny tiny lightening bolts😂😂

Everyone has them it’s natural

my family is very prone to them- my mum, dad and brother have them. They are quite noticeable on my dad and brother as they are darker.

What I am asking is- do people care? Does it make you uglier
Everyone has them. Usually they fade over time to the point where you'd probably have to point them out for people to really notice.

There's not a huge amount we can do about them anyway, so we just have to embrace them, really!
Reply 4
UPDATE: I just found out Halle Berry has some pretty big stretch marks on her lower back, bottom and hips. But I don't think it looks bad on her? She's still hot. I just feel they are obvious on me

Quick Reply

Latest