The Student Room Group

What should I do? go to sixth form or continue study my current qualification.

So last year I got my GCSE results which were:

chemistry - C
Biology - C
physics - D
Maths - 5
English lit/lang - 5
statistics - C
German - B
Re - B
health social care - a distinction
Computer science - C

I wanted to biology, chemistry and psychology for a level which wasn't possible so they put in a BTEC level 3 applied science qualification. During that year I redid
my Chemistry, biology and got A and a B.

I found a sixth form that accepted me and I entered for the course. But now that I look at it and I don't know whether I should do it or not, cause in the new a level I can't retake at all and I am worried whether I will be able to do the course or not and what if I didn't do well and where would I go then and then I would have wasted two years of my studies getting absolutely nothing out of it and that really scares me.

My new sixth form starts on Monday and the old one starts tomorrow.
I had changed my plan of doing levels cause I didn't mind the course I was studying but everyone just asked me to try it and see if I could get in or not and I wasn't expecting being accepted so it was a bit of surprise.

To be really honest I don't want to do anything, I am sick of studying, school and everything else. I want to take a break from all of this but can't cause I am not 18 yet. I really don't know what I going to do with my future but I really really want a break and have wanted it for a long time.
(edited 5 years ago)
Do you have any idea what you want to do as a career?
Reply 2
no I really don't know

Quick Reply

Latest