The Student Room Group

Medicine Manchester - what does "holistic assessment" mean?

Hey there,

I was wondering what the University of Manchester recognises as a 'holistic assessment' for applicants who may not fit the UKCAT Threshold.

Thanks,
ansjfnauni88
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Moved to Medicine.:smile:
Holistic assessment means that they look at you as a candidate overall rather than just looking at your UKCAT alone and rejecting you (as an example).
So they may look at you from different perspectives: your GCSE's, your UKCAT, your NAI form, your previous school education and performance which dictates widening participation flags. So even if you may have missed a criteria for getting an interview, they may still give you a chance because they feel overall, as a rounded person, you may be suited to the course.

I hope this helps, this is a simple explanation :smile:
Thank you. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Holistic assessment means that they look at you as a candidate overall rather than just looking at your UKCAT alone and rejecting you (as an example).
So they may look at you from different perspectives: your GCSE's, your UKCAT, your NAI form, your previous school education and performance which dictates widening participation flags. So even if you may have missed a criteria for getting an interview, they may still give you a chance because they feel overall, as a rounded person, you may be suited to the course.

I hope this helps, this is a simple explanation :smile:

---

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending