The Student Room Group

Training Contract Applications 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Henryhatton
Akin are recruiting from direct TCs this year. VC student told me they should have 1-2 spaces left lol

Yes they are recruiting- why would they send out WG test if they weren’t!
Reply 981
Original post by beelegal
Did anyone interviewing at Freshfields over the past 2 weeks hear back from them? I've got rejections from Skadden and White this morning so would be nice to have some good news!

When did you interview?
Original post by mac99
When did you interview?

Last week
Reply 983
Original post by legallyme
Anyone heard from Harbottle & Lewis yet?

Are we supposed to hear back either way? I realised that I just assumed we would since that’s typically how it goes with TC apps, but maybe that’s not the case this time?

@YakPak @Tash28

I am still waiting as well! I will check the portal when I get to my computer..
PFO from White&Case just now
Anyone heard from Penningtons or Irwin Mitchell?
Has anyone heard back from Slaughter and May? I had my interview on the 6th August but have not heard back.
Has anyone applied to (or heard back from) K&L Gates at all?
Original post by itsyosquad
Has anyone heard back from Slaughter and May? I had my interview on the 6th August but have not heard back.

I heard back within 8 working days. I had a decision and an email on my portal but didn’t actually receive and email for a few weeks so maybe check your portal if you haven’t received anything?
Has anyone heard from Cleary or Sidley?
Also anyone whose app for Freshfields updated on the 6th, any emails after that?? I haven’t received anything so far, which is probably nothing good, but also no rejection - do they definitely send pfo for direct TC or just leave it?
Original post by Ale_x_t
Also anyone whose app for Freshfields updated on the 6th, any emails after that?? I haven’t received anything so far, which is probably nothing good, but also no rejection - do they definitely send pfo for direct TC or just leave it?

I’m in the same boat, haven’t heard anything since my portal updated
Reply 992
Anyone heard from Penningtons or Edwin Coe?
Reply 993
Original post by hello5922
Anyone heard from Penningtons or Irwin Mitchell?

Haven’t heard anything from Penningtons!!!
Original post by Legalc123
I heard back within 8 working days. I had a decision and an email on my portal but didn’t actually receive and email for a few weeks so maybe check your portal if you haven’t received anything?

Thank you! Do they only call you if you are successful?
Original post by itsyosquad
Thank you! Do they only call you if you are successful?

I believe so!!
I emailed Freshfields and they said that they are still deciding and arranging interview centres and that it probably won't be until later this month that we find out
Original post by STWO
Anyone heard from Penningtons or Edwin Coe?

Received a first round interview invite from EC last week.
Hi everyone - does anyone have any advice or tips for preparing for the White & Case video interview? Thanks :smile:
I’m also a full time paralegal but I am going for winter vac schemes this year. Have spoken to my employer and said I’m happy to take the time unpaid and they’ve actually been pretty good about it. I would obviously rather not do one but almost everyone I know who has secured a TC in this cycle has done so post-VS. It’s really hard when you work full time but it’s also hard to stand out in a sea of applicants at an AC. As experienced paralegals, I think we will stand out on a vac scheme as we have experience to draw upon and will understand the dynamics of a commercial firm better (even down to things like getting to grips with the case management system more quickly). It’s rubbish that we have to take time out but I think it’s the way to go. That’s not to say getting a VS is easier - it’s still extremely competitive. I just think we stand a better chance of securing a TC via this route. Ultimately we need to keep at it, we’ll all get one eventually!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending