The Student Room Group

Training Contract Applications 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyk1407
Hi!
Do you have any insight into what this was like as I am wondering the same thing for an upcoming AC?
Thanks!

I did their AC for the vac scheme and did a mock assessment centre a couple years ago too. Both times it was just a group presentation activity. Good luck!
Reply 1401
Original post by h0pefulstudent
Does anyone know whether Freshfields (or firms in general) will ever call a candidate to tell them they've been rejected? I interviewed for a TC at Freshfields a few weeks ago and was under the impression that they call to offer a TC, email to reject. Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

That is usually the case
Just submitted my final TC application for this cycle - I'm hoping it brings me more luck than the rest have!
Anyone complete the Shoosmiths VI for this cycle?
Not yet I submitted my application three days ago. Have you received it yet?
Is anyone prepping for a TC interview/virtual assessment in early-mid July & would want to join me over Zoom to prep together? Let me know!
I applied for Shoosmiths in April and I haven't heard anything back yet. No updates on their portal either. Do I assume I didn't make the cut or are they still going through applications?
Original post by makotoast
I applied for Shoosmiths in April and I haven't heard anything back yet. No updates on their portal either. Do I assume I didn't make the cut or are they still going through applications?

April wasn't that long ago. Law firms usually get back to all candidates to tell them whether they made the cut. :smile:
Original post by MPerkins
April wasn't that long ago. Law firms usually get back to all candidates to tell them whether they made the cut. :smile:

Thank you. I was just a little concerned since their assessment centres take place at the end of june/early july. Doesn't give them a lot of time to invite succesful applicants to the video interview and then the AC haha.

I wouldn’t stress yet. I’ve only just received the link for my video interview I’m crapping it!!!
Original post by Starsandangel
I wouldn’t stress yet. I’ve only just received the link for my video interview I’m crapping it!!!

Congratulations, that's very good news! Good luck with your video interview. This is my first time applying for training contracts so I am still familiarising myself with the process.
Original post by karinny
Well done! Which office did you apply for if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

The Birmingham office, how about yourself?x
Congratulations, that's very good news! Good luck with your video interview. This is my first time applying for training contracts so I am still familiarising myself with the process.

Thank you. Good luck to you too! If you have any questions feel free to message me xx
Original post by karinny
me too! i have yet to hear back though ><

Don’t sweat it! She said by the 22nd so still a while to go, good luck xx
Original post by karinny
thank you! pls do update us when you complete the VI, would love to know the format and timings of the process! :smile: x

Hi! Just submitted it was nerve wrecking!!!
4 questions with 60 seconds to prep and 90 seconds to answer
Questions were something like
Name skills you’ve developed outside of work and academics
How can you see Shoosmiths changing in the next 5years
What skills have you developed making you unique
How would you promote Shoosmiths to clients
Thank you. I was just a little concerned since their assessment centres take place at the end of june/early july. Doesn't give them a lot of time to invite succesful applicants to the video interview and then the AC haha.

It's not unusual to only get a week's notice to attend an AC. So I wouldn't stress about not having heard back yet.
has anyone heard anything for Shoosmiths London office post-app?? panicking a bit now
Original post by G9876554
has anyone heard anything for Shoosmiths London office post-app?? panicking a bit now

Shoosmiths' early careers team and other posters above have confirmed they will reply to us by the 22nd of June. I applied in April and have not heard back yet myself but I wouldn't worry too much, I have not heard of anyone hearing whether they've passed to the VI stage or not yet.
Just got a rejection from Shoosmiths. Already saw it coming seeing as though I got notified only a day before the 22nd.
Original post by username1421435
Anyone heard from Payne Hicks Beach post AC?

Would you be able to shed any insight on what the Payne hicks beach assessment day entails?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending