The Student Room Group

not sure if to go to uni in sept

I know it's the wrong forum probably, but I wanted to post anonymously.

I have got a place at university to start this month but still not sure whether to go. How do people decide what course to do at university? I'm still not sure whether to go for the course I've chosen or take a gap year and apply for something different in 2019.

At the moment the degree is natural sciences. Chose it because I don't know what to do so it kept my options open a bit- I could just try to get a graduate job at the end of it or go into teaching if I have to.

But I'm not sure whether to give medicine a shot- I find it interesting but I know it is a very stressful lifestyle.

Alternatively, I'm not sure whether I should just do a straight maths degree, or financial mathematics or economics or something. I'm not sure if NatSci is a bit wishy washy and not really going to get me anywhere.

What should i do???
Original post by Anonymous
I know it's the wrong forum probably, but I wanted to post anonymously.

I have got a place at university to start this month but still not sure whether to go. How do people decide what course to do at university? I'm still not sure whether to go for the course I've chosen or take a gap year and apply for something different in 2019.

At the moment the degree is natural sciences. Chose it because I don't know what to do so it kept my options open a bit- I could just try to get a graduate job at the end of it or go into teaching if I have to.

But I'm not sure whether to give medicine a shot- I find it interesting but I know it is a very stressful lifestyle.

Alternatively, I'm not sure whether I should just do a straight maths degree, or financial mathematics or economics or something. I'm not sure if NatSci is a bit wishy washy and not really going to get me anywhere.

What should i do???

Question yourself ‘what do I actually want to do in the future’ , is taking a gap year will ease you? , are u taking it because you still don’t know what to do or you’re unsure.
If you don’t know and want to take a gap year just do it. Don’t force yourself doing a course you don’t enjoy or unsure about it.
I wanted to study medicine just for the money & now I changed my mind and actually questioned myself if I have the passion for it.
Reply 2
Question yourself ‘what do I actually want to do in the future’ , is taking a gap year will ease you? , are u taking it because you still don’t know what to do or you’re unsure.
If you don’t know and want to take a gap year just do it. Don’t force yourself doing a course you don’t enjoy or unsure about it.
I wanted to study medicine just for the money & now I changed my mind and actually questioned myself if I have the passion for it.

i don't really want to take a gap year. I'm only considering it because I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm not thinking about doing medicine for the money at all, but at the same time I'm worried about the career prospects which will come from my NatSci course. Arghhhh idk what to do it's depressing.
I wouldn't put yourself into all that debt if you're so unsure. I was in the same boat about 3 weeks ago but then decided to decline my uni offers and have some time to think and I know that was the best thing to do.
Reply 4
I wouldn't put yourself into all that debt if you're so unsure. I was in the same boat about 3 weeks ago but then decided to decline my uni offers and have some time to think and I know that was the best thing to do.

Yeah. How are you going to spend your time this year? I will have 1 or 2 jobs, do lots of volunteering and I would travel but I don't really want to go travelling alone.
Yeah. How are you going to spend your time this year? I will have 1 or 2 jobs, do lots of volunteering and I would travel but I don't really want to go travelling alone.

I would love to travel but I have been looking into apprenticeships that I think i'm quite interested in, but I honestly am not sure what i want hence declining my uni offers haha. So stressful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending