The Student Room Group

How many times can you take maintenance loan?

So I understand that the tuition fee loan can be taken for the number of years in your course + 1 gift year. My course is 5 years, so I can take the tuition fee loan a potential six times.

Now suppose I paid the fees for one year myself. That means that for the remaining 4 years in the course, I have 6 tuition fee loans ''in the bank''.
Can I use the 2 extra ''banked'' tuition fee loans for a 2-year long intercalated degree, and use the remaining 4 tuition fee loans for each year?

Now, is there a limit to the number of years for which I can apply solely for the maintenance loan? Or is that also number of years + 1?

Thanks for helping.
Somebody please help me
Original post by vigsur
Somebody please help me

You can only take another loan from student finance if you're hiring your education. For example you can't do two Degrees on student finance but you could do a degree and then a masters and student finance will still cover it.
Original post by Maximilian118
You can only take another loan from student finance if you're hiring your education. For example you can't do two Degrees on student finance but you could do a degree and then a masters and student finance will still cover it.

So does this mean that I can't take a loan for an intercalated degree?
Somebody please clarify..
Error.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending